need some good webserver package

hi

i just want to test some of my php script and need some up to date web server package (too lazy to download separate thing like php,mysql,etc)

currently i use phptriad 2.2.1 (last release, now the project has become comercial), i just want to grab a nice web server package like phptriad did

basically what i want are :

- PHP 4 and up

- MySQL 4 and up

- Apache web server 2.x

and i have interest to this package :

http://www.server2go-web.de

but the main problem is, it's cdrom based web server and i need to install it on my HDD not run directly from cd, is it possible?

anyway any other interesting package?

thanks

Try xampp. Its apache 2, php4, php5, mysql5, phpMyadmin, perl...... and has add onns for tomcat so you can run jsp. Its totally free and has an installer opuion and a zip file option. Information is given in a readme, and it can be used on a portable device or usb memory stick.

you'd be better off just downloading and installing apache, mysql, php, phpmyadmin all seperatly they are easy enough to setup if you know what ur doing. those bundled things really arent very good at all.

@scubasteve - xampp is actually a very good package. It's very very easy to set up and configure. I was able to get Gallery up and running on a friend's computer in the space of about 15 minutes. :)

I say go with xampp.

The Uniform Server

The Uniform Server is a WAMP package that allows you to run a server on any MS Windows OS based computer. It is small and mobile to download or move around and can also be used or setup as a production/live server. Developers also use The Uniform Server to test their applications made with either PHP, MySQL, Perl, or the Apache HTTPd Server.

@ScubaSteve

Thanks for the reply

you'd be better off just downloading and installing apache, mysql, php, phpmyadmin all seperatly they are easy enough to setup if you know what ur doing. those bundled things really arent very good at all.

this is where my main problem was, i don't know what to setup it lol :D

@phkninja & Zxian

thanks for the reply and the links, check it out

@jago_lfn

thanks, check it out

Check AppServ it is similar to xampp

http://www.appservnetwork.com/

And take a look at wos http://www.chsoftware.net/en/useware/wos/wos.htm

An Apachewebserver with PHP and MySQL develops its full power now on every USB Stick on the world. Faithful to the Plug&Play motto:

"Plug in and Play"

(Here it really works ;-)Just plug in your USB stick in any Windows ® computer. A complete Apache webserver with PHP and MySQL starts. And you can enjoy the full power of WOS (Webserver on Stick).