zeta os

ZetaOS from YellowTab Corp. is the one the most relevan continual project of BeOS, by Be Inc. it has a feature that BeOS 6 alpha have.

there are several continual project of BeOS such as Haiku (japanase OS) and BeOS Max Edition (currently BeOS 5 hacked version).

Oh yeah several year ago Apple Mac want to buy BeOS from Be Inc to make Mac OSX based on it, but the idea simply canceled and they go with NextStep from NextStep Corp

several months ago my friend got a work to presentation about BeOS in the class, and that GUI are really sweet (compare with Windows in that time, Windows are totally beaten)

find more info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YellowTAB_ZETA

• 1 month later...

Zeta is a BeOS clone, marketed by Yellowtab. It runs great, its functional and just about any and all OSS software has a port. Its not a replacememt for Windows but for Linux Desktop, its perfect.

Has anyone used ZetaOS. The purchase price is around 90$usd. I just want some honest feed back on it.

Thanks

If you have any issues drop me a line. I will be glad to help you out where I can

I just made a purchase of it. I should get it late next week. I will give first hand account of it if you all want to hear about it.

Id keep it dual booted if I was you. It needs work yes, but so does Linux, FreeBSD and the others. You arent going to find the ultimate desktop replacement overnight.

I got it in the mail today, installed it. This is just my opinion. It is fast, it uses very little ram and HD. But it needs more work. I went back to windows 2000 sp4 today.

The main thing with Zeta OS is not the os itself its the software support or lack of it. I got the internet configured, but I need a good cd/dvd sortware for it. On the plus side it installs fast, boots fast and is nice looking, it doesnt need a firewall cause it closes all unused ports when not needed and opens them as needed, no need for virus protection.

• 2 weeks later...

lol at the luck of support

but even MS windows is like that at times where the support is missing in some area where you need help

just find a forum thats has users of the zeta OS and ask there

im sure there area other uses thats had the problem and work out how to fix / get around it / get it to work :)

BTW :: what do you think of it so far ?