[Help] - Task Scheduler Problem

chris2k06

You log looks pretty clean - theres a few old entries still in there but nothing that seems bad [as the files are missing or dont point to anything]...

It also suggests that you are still using Microsoft AntiSpyware and not Microsoft Windows Defender [which is the new version of Microsoft AntiSpyware] so you should uninstall the version you have installed, and install the new version that you can obtain from the Microsoft site.

Update it and run it.

CWShredder can in most cases will fix about:blank errors so do try that also.

[both links are in my previous post]

Again, if all else fails, find those Dell CD's, backup your data and start from scratch ;)

Regards

Nath

Edited by tarquel

I would still suggest taking a look at bazooka spyware scanner. The link is in one of my earlier posts. It's not the best tool, but what is is is:

• Blindingly fast
  • Able to find obscure stuff that often goes unnoticed by most others
  • able to give you explicit instruction on removing the problems yourself, thereby teaching you about how these thing infect the machine.

I often do not need this tool, however it has found and given me instruction on some of the toughest ones I have come across.

hey guys..I did absolutely everything 4 or 5 times as you guys described. I ran everything in safe mode as well as normal. I tried to set up Windows Defender but it wouldnt work becasue whatever virus I had changed my XP O/S so when I tried to update it said it was "installed wrong or not a legal copy". I bought it from DELL and the key code for authentication is on the bottom of the computer. DELL tried to help but they seem to feel the hardrive must have been damaged. Mcaffee stopped and deleted the puper from coming back as it notified me several times it stopped it.

HOWEVER, after all that, the browser was still hijacked saying "about:blank" and then i get notification Downloader-Aux is found and cant be deleted, quarantied, or anything. After shaking my head in disbelief, I tried everything again as well as several new ones from download.com and pctools. Nothing worked. I finally found something someone had posted here about a program called "EWIDO ANTIMALWARE".

I disabled system restore, ran this on normal, then safe, then normal again. It deleted the trojan - downloader-aux, and restored my browser. Thanks again for everyones help. My only other concern is that I paid my credit card bills online yesterday and my cc info and ss was inputed onto the cc secure site. If the trojan (downloader-aux) was still on my browser, would they have been able to get that info? I am very very worried. Txs agian everyone.

um...if you think your credit card has been "hijacked" ... i would call the credit card company....and have it cancelled....

if you are going to do any type of banking....and your pc had this much trouble....i would just reload the o.s.

EWIDO ANTIMALWARE

Was thinking about mentioning that one - wish i had of now lol

FYI... Make sure u only enable System Restore when you are confident that the machine is 100% free of infection btw ;)

And if you still are doubtful, start from fresh is always a good plan [like i have to now because i stupidly let CCleaner remove hotfix un-installations and now i cant remove the old IE7 beta :(]

Regards

Nath.