[Help] - Task Scheduler Problem

chris2k06

Hi everyone...I really need help...I have spent 5 days trying to work on my problem and have done nothing but make it worse. I had mistakenly clicked on a file (Active x) that was hidden in another. It released 75 viruses and trojans on my computer. I have the newest version of Mcafee. It removed everything except the Puper trojan which couldnt be deleted. I followed the instructions listed under the Mcafee boards (they had a download link listed which was the only removal tool) and after 2 days was able to finally remove the virus. Howver, it has disbaled my Task Scheduler. I have tried to follow the advice listed here under different topics and it has caused my problem to be worse. I am hoping I can list the events exactly as they occur and hopefully someone can walk me through exactly what to do.

1. When I click on scheduled tasks it says: "general page initialition failed. The specific error is 0x80041315. The task scheduler is not running. An error has occurred attempting to retrieve task information. You may continue editing the task but will be unable to change task account information."

It is clicked enabled but will not run. Under the advanced tab, the AT Service Tab is there but "invisable" and not clickable.

Here is what the schedul task log says:

""Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/29/2006 8:22:52 AM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/29/2006 8:23:53 AM

"Task Scheduler Service" 4/29/2006 8:23:53 AM ** Error **

A failure occurred during service initialization.

The specific error is:

0x800706b5: The interface is unknown.

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/29/2006 8:23:53 AM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/29/2006 8:25:41 AM

"Task Scheduler Service" 4/29/2006 8:25:41 AM ** Error **

The specific error is:

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/29/2006 8:25:41 AM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/29/2006 8:31:38 AM

"Task Scheduler Service" 4/29/2006 8:31:38 AM ** Error **

The specific error is:

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/29/2006 8:31:38 AM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/29/2006 8:37:26 AM

"Task Scheduler Service" 4/29/2006 8:37:27 AM ** Error **

The specific error is:

0x800706b5: The interface is unknown."

I then tried this:

"SYMPTOMS

When you attempt to start Task Scheduler, you may receive the one of the following error messages:

Error 2147750678:

Could not start the Task Scheduler service on local computer. The service has returned a service-specific error code.

-or-

Error 6200:

Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer. The Task Scheduler must be configured to run in the System to function properly. Individual tasks may be configured to run in other accounts.

When this occurs, the following event is registered in the System log in Event Viewer:

Event ID: 7024

Source: Service Control Manager

Description: The Task Scheduler service terminated with service-specific error 2147750678.

When starting a task that has been added to Task Scheduler you get the following error message:

General page initialization failed. The specific error is: 0x80041315: The task scheduler service is not running.

CAUSE

This behavior can occur because the task scheduler is not set to Log On as the Local System Account.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior change the Log On parameters from a User Account to the Local System Account.

MORE INFORMATION

To fix this behavior follow these steps: 1. Right-click My Computer and from the drop down menu click Manage.

2. From the Services and Applications menu, click Services.

3. From the right scroll down menu, double-click Task Scheduler.

4. Click the Log On tab, select the Local System Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop options, and then click Apply.

5. Click the General tab, click Start. "

And I get the error 1717: the interface is unknown.

Also, now when I click on internet explorer, no matter how many times in tools, internet options i change the home page, it always comes up blank. I dont know what to do and would really appreciate anyones help. Txs

Title Edited - Please follow posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

um....sorry if i've missed it but u have tried starting the scheduler service right?

open up the command prompt and try the following:

net start "Task Scheduler"

tell us what that gives you :)

Also, now when I click on internet explorer, no matter how many times in tools, internet options i change the home page, it always comes up blank. I dont know what to do and would really appreciate anyones help.

Perhaps you still have some stuff left on the machine - maybe not viruses but possibly spyware so use a few tools to check and clean for that also.

[Visit my site in the link and get the programs i mention in the antispyware section ;)]

Cheers

Nath

here is what it says when I do that:

"A system error has occurred. System error 1717 has occurred. The interface is unkown."

I also re-did this hoping it would clear things up a little.

I am hoping I can list the events exactly as they occur.

1. If I click on start>control panel>administrative tools>services>task scheduler> then start...

I get the following error: error 1717: interface is unkown.

It is set to automatic, the log on is set to local system account>allow service to interact with desktop.

Path to executable:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

1. Start>all programs > accessories > system tools > scheduled tasks> when I click on it the following error appears: "The specific error is: 0x80041315: The task scheduler service is not running. An error has occurred attempting to retrieve the task account information. You may continue editing task object, but will be unable to change task account information."

UNder the advanced tab the "AT Service account" is not clickable (hidden-can see but cant click almost invisbale)

Under task it says:

" c:\program files\mcafee.com/vso"

run:

program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe"/runtask:0

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I also ran microsoft antispyware and it says the sysytem is clean.

Edited by chris2k06

right...

First off, just running MS Antispyware isnt enough for a complete spyware scan after your situation, as it doesnt pick up all spyware [plus if you havent already, get Windows Defender on it - its the new version of MS Antispyware].

You will need to use Spybot - Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware SE Personal and try some scanners like CWShredder and use with extreme caution HijackThis for possible ..er...hijacks lol

Your problem could well be down to the fact that everything hasnt been cleaned - even if nothing appears to be wrong, but one tell-tale sign would be if you cannot keep the home page from changing back to about:blank.

You may want to try Mcafee's latest version of their Stinger too - just in case something has modified the mcafee A/V installation.

Try all of that and see how it goes - but be prepared for the fact that the amount of damage the viruses [general term] & spyware has done may be unrepairable, and even if it is repairable, it may be less time-consuming to get your docs, pics, and other data off the machine and wipe the HDD and install XP freshly.

Another thing thats popped into my head is try running the System File Checker:

sfc /runnow[/sfc]

and see what that does, but i suggest you use the anti-spyware programs I've mentioned first to make sure the system is clean or anything else is pointless.

Regards

Nath

Try rebooting in SAFE MODE and run the AntiSpyware and AntiVirus products.

Usually nothing runs in the background in Safe Mode.

This may work, otherwise backup your imporatant files and start again.

If you had a good AntiSpyware/AntiVirus product running you would

not have had this problem.

:hello:

I am running the dowload scan from spybot right now. Should I then do ad-aware? That is actual what got me in trouble was the link I clicked on that gave me the viruses said "Adaware-B' which it was really a virus/torjan. I am runnig spybot right now and it alone has found a bunch microsoft and mcafee missed.

I am trying to run a sFC. I opened command prompt, then typed sfc. It give s me choices but how do I make the scannow work? I dont know why it isnt working how I am doing it. Thanks everyone. I am not running adaware-se and waiting to see how that comes out.

Edited by chris2k06

I do a lot of swyware and virus clean outs for friends and for fee. The advice given so far is great. I would like to add a bit though. Run spybot as recommended, but to that I would suggest making certain that you have the latest updates first also make cetain you have the latest definitions from your Anti-Virus too. When you are sure you have them, go to start->run "msconfig". Select the boot.ini tab and below select the option for "/safeboot" and then OK. It will ask you if you want to resart now, choose that. Then run both spybot and your anti-viru in safe mode. Because certain things are not running, these tools can remove more items that may be protected against removal.

After you have that done, you need to run msci=onfig again and turn of safeboot. That can be quickly done on the general tab by selecting "normal startup".

Regardless of the results, I would ad to this another suggestion. Go to http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and...2-10247782.html and download the tool and run it. Of course make sure you update it, it will ask you this during the install.

If bazooka finds anything and you need to reboot to safemode af=gain, a very helpful hint is to save the removal instructions to your deskop, this way you can read them while in safemode.

Feel free to ask for clarification.

When all is said and done, I highly recommend running sfc /scannow afterwards.

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

You will need you install CD

Edited by snafumaster

Thank you for the help.....I ran the spybot (it made me update it to the newest version first with all the updates before it would run) and delted 26 items not before found. I am not running adaware and waiting the results. I also got the sfc/scannow to run. Should I abort that right now until the adaware is done? I have the newest version of Mcafee I bought 2 weeks ago. Please let me know about the sfc/scannow if I should aboort. i will then follow the other instructions. Txs agian everyone.

Edited by chris2k06

Let the scannow run. I just find that it is most effective running it afterwards. But, there is noharm in running it before. In fact thare is no harm in running it twenty times. What it does is replaces the system files that are not matching the ones on the install CD. I forgot to mention that you should run Microsoft Updates after too. This will help by making sure that your system is up to date and often you will be protected against other problems in the future.

whoops yes - i did forget to mention that you should update the a/v and anti-spyware programs as soon as they are installed ;)

[of course, with any sort of virus or spyware infections, you should not be connected to the internet to avoid reinfection while you're trying to disinfect. You can download the latest updates for spybot & ad-aware without the target computer being online but anyhow, i digress...]

I would have continued adding my two cents - except i had to watch a film with my partner hehe ;) - Crash - not a bad film but anyhow....

Be careful to get the right program as there are lots of "spoofed" programs out there - i know there is variants of spybot & Ad-Aware so when in doubt, get them from the creators site [tho i understand the trouble there is that if you dont know who made it, then you are going to have to guess etc hehe - but just use caution] - that is why i mentioned going to my site as I have links to the "proper" manufacturers site ;)

Right, here we go again:

- Spybot - Search and Destroy - http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

- Ad-aware Personal SE - http://www.lavasoft.com/software/adaware/

- Microsoft Windows Defender [beta2] - http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

- SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com [this one is a preventative one that *everyone* should have on their system]

Visit http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html and download hijackthis from the Merijn.org link. Extract it and run it. Create a scan report and *attach* it here and i'll have a quick look at it and suggest some things to remove if ya like :)

Also, get the standalone version of CWShredder from http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshr...r_download.html and run that - that can be handy in fixing some things. You may need to run this in Safe Mode tho.

Regards

Nath

ok...I ran the mcafee 10.0 I have again & spyboy (dowloaded from download.com) and adaware (downloaded from download.com). I ran them all in regular mode and in safe mode. The system would not let me out of safe mode so I had to go to run and uncheck safe mode in boot. Anyhow, they all came back "clear" but my browser seems to still be "hijacked" as it still comes up "about:blank:. I am going to run the scannow and see what happens. Thanks again everyone for all the help. I will let you know as soon as it is done.

here is what hijackthis says...I have not clicked on the

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 10:31:59 PM, on 4/30/2006

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe

c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dcomcfg.exe

C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe

C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe

c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe

c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe

C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe

C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McDash.exe

c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mghtml.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\helpctr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpHost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpHost.exe

C:\Program Files\PowerArchiver\POWERARC.EXE

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\_PA461\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.html

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell.com/

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O2 - BHO: Nothing - {b0398eca-0bcd-4645-8261-5e9dc70248d0} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpE30B.tmp (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bascstray] BascsTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe

O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...nst20040510.cab

O16 - DPF: {6632A7E9-FE1F-43D2-A04A-A15951ED63E0} - http://mediaplayer.walmart.com/installer/install.cab

O16 - DPF: {A93D84FD-641F-43AE-B963-E6FA84BE7FE7} (LinkSys Content Update) - http://www.linksysfix.com/check/netset/install/gtdownls.cab

O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/...427/mcfscan.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winmfx32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmfx32.dll

O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe

O23 - Service: Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v6.0.3 (BAsfIpM) - Broadcom Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe

O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

Also, now I cannot open the sfc/scannow It says window cannot find. Even when I type sfc it flashes then disappears. I tend to think from my reading that my browser is hijacked since it always comes up "about:blank" for home page. I have run ever single program here and they all say all clear but I dont know what is going on. Thank everyone for the help. Please tell me the next step.

Edited by chris2k06

hmmm....after reading this....if i spent more than 5 days on a pc that was "messed up" i would just reinstall....

course i don't know if you have data on this pc and the means to back it up...just my 2 cents worth....

if not...then good luck...

hi...I am going to back everything up tomorrow...my issue is I cannot find my install disks anywhere...I even calledDell asI have 1 year left on warranty and they said the same thing about just reload but I cant find the dumb disks....

my frustration is that I have run

1. Mcafee - normal/safe

2. Spybot - normal/safe

3. Ad-aware - normal/safe

4. Spyware blaster

5. HiJackthis

All have come up clean or normal yet when I try to re-set my home page it goes back to blank. I can only guess it is because my browser has some changed or is hijacked somewhere. I got the sfc /scannow to work (it was my fault as I needed to leave a space between the sfc and /scannow). It is running now an dI will see what comes up....txs for the help

Edited by chris2k06