Tweak UI Power Toy

AngryDog

I installed Tweak UI about four months ago and under Taskbar and Start Menu there used to be a list of apps installed on my computer. It also used to have checkboxes in which I could check or uncheck depending on whether or not I wanted them to appear on the Start Menu. I loved that because I don't want all apps to be able to come up there. I wanted to try a program called TweakXP so I downloaded and installed it. After installing TweakXP the list disappeared but I wanted it back so I uninstalled TweakXP. After uninstalling the list and checkboxes never returned. I tried uninstalling Tweak UI and reinstalling it but to no avail. Do you know if there is a place in the registry that keeps that list that may have gotten changed. I want to undo the damage caused by TweakXP. I have uploaded a small jpeg of Tweak UI so you know whereI am talking about.

post-2-1058468186_thumb.jpg

Interesting, I've never had TweakXP installed but the new TweakUI 2.10 also has an empty box in the Start Menu section. It may not be related to TweakXP at all, and probably a bug in TweakUI 2.10 that was only just released yesterday.

I might also add that I don't use the XP Start Menu, I use the Classic Start Menu. I switched to XPs to test TweakUI.

Hopefully more people reply in this thread so we can pinpoint the problem. The only thing I can suggest for now is to revert back to the old TweakUI

Vcant, if you have any PC/Virtual PC's running Windows XP, try TweakUI 2.10 on it.

More of my findings: The Start Menu items work in Windows Server 2003, but not in XP.

Vcant, if you have any PC/Virtual PC's running Windows XP, try TweakUI 2.10 on it.

More of my findings: The Start Menu items work in Windows Server 2003, but not in XP.

I just installed the latest 2.10 of TweakUI and I have a lot of items listed in the Start Menu. So it works.