Sata Drivers @ CD -> Help :S

Montsegur

Here is the situation , my Diskette device died last week and I was about to install XP ... Now the only way to XP to recognice my HDD is to put the drivers into the XP installation CD.

I own a MSI K8n Neo Platinum Motherboard and these are the drivers for my MB.

Reading the Slipstreaming SATA/RAID Drivers Guide was no help , because I dont understand step 1 with my drivers :S

Please help me , I need the PC ASAP to work , as I am studying VB and a need to practice.

PD: Excuse my bad English , im from Argentina

Edited by Montsegur

Reading the Slipstreaming SATA/RAID Drivers Guide was no help , because I dont understand step 1 with my drivers :S

Naturally, extract your downloaded drivers, but delete the txtsetup.oem file.

Then, place the following code into TXTSETUP.SIF for step 1:

[SourceDisksFiles] <--Already Exists, so just append or sort in.
nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase] <-This already exists, so just append or sort in.
GenNvRaidDisk = "NVRAID"
*_NVRAIDBUS = "NVRAIDBUS"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = "CK8SSS"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = "CK8SSS"

[SCSI.Load] <--Already Exists, so just append or sort in.
CK8SSS = nvatabus.sys,4
NVRAIDBUS = nvraid.sys,4

[SCSI] <--Already Exists, so just append or sort in.
CK8SSS = "NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller"
NVRAID = "NVIDIA nForce(tm) RAID Class Device"
NVRAIDBUS = "NVIDIA nForce(tm) RAID Class Controller"

(NOTE: These are strings only for nForce3 items. All other references to other nForce material as available from INF's not included as 1: Far too confusing with item_name re-usage and 2: I don't have a either a whole lot of time right now OR an nForce motherboard.)

I'd then suggest doing the drivers from cd method. Don't forget to skip to Step 4 and compress nvraid.sys -> nvraid.sy_ and nvatabus.sys -> nvatabus.sy_ and place them in "%CDSOURCE%\I386".

And if all else fails, go to the DriverPacks thread where you can gather more assistance, even if you are not using a driver pack per se, you are doing something involving slipstreaming a vendor driver into your install media.

Though, if you do decide to do a driver pack, I updated my ECS KT600-A drivers by extracting the ones from Bashrats MassStoragePack 6.03.1. More current for the VIA, though I'm reading there now that there are some nForce issues, you might be able to get away with using the files from the MassStoragePack (copy them from the extracted source "D\M\N\123\" instead of using the downloaded MSI zip file contents).