Office install

lexxdark

Well I created an Administrative Installation Point for office, patched it SP2 and post SP2, and used the advanced installation method.

The problem arises after I create a new user and start any office app with the new user. When office loads it asks me for the cd. Pressing a cancel would pass by that but this will make the office app forget what it was loading (ie a document passed as a parameter) and on the next start it will act the same. Now a simple guess would be that this would be avoided using the cache, but from what I read on other posts the cache isn't built with the advanced install.

A bigger problem is that it doesn't even accept the Administrative Installation point as a source and I don't belive I can use the original cd as a soruce (since it's not even SP1). So what are my solutions.

1 for fixing the current install (what would be needed from the original install user, aka administrator user)

2 fix the problem on the cd

I don't necesseraly want the cache (if i'll need the cache for an update i'll update the install dvd) :)

Thanks

Looking a bit more into it i found that some reg keys are the cause of office asking for the cd (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office). If i export the hole reg from the user who installed office and import it for the new user office stops asking for the cd for the new user...

Next question how do i insert that reg key for the default user (from my knowledge any user created gets it base directory from Default User folder in Documents and settings)