[UPDATED, 07/05/2006]X2K Project, more project and works

Dels

Hmmm... I think I'm done at attempting to get uxtheme working under win2k. Your project is amazing, even if it isn't complete, it sure has a lot going for it. I'll be keeping my eye on this project. ;)

Q: Resources only patch, (for those who dont want a shel replacement, or task skinning..

like make it with diferent installers, 1 to patch, 2 for theme skinning 3 for extra's...

Dels, i know of a tool that could help you in the area of patching the system tray icons to 32bit, from 16 colours. You will need version 2 of the .Net Framework to run it, but it works well. I have used it without a problem and it looks great

Check it out here:

http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/win2000traypatch/

yes i already known that things :D

thx for the post

Hmmm... I think I'm done at attempting to get uxtheme working under win2k. Your project is amazing, even if it isn't complete, it sure has a lot going for it. I'll be keeping my eye on this project.

uxtheme in win2k would be great, i hope i have a copy of neptune :D (i heard neptune have the msstyle/uxtheme thing)

like make it with diferent installers, 1 to patch, 2 for theme skinning 3 for extra's...

yes i will, nuhi will give me the installer system use for XPize so it will have option to choose :D

Hey Dels, do you add 32bit icon support?

nope, just 24 and 16bit available here :D and what benefit if i use 32bit? they all same and 16.7 million color is too much for human eyes :D

Dont you see any difference in the icons? It looks better and has something like a shadow.

sorry for mistake type :D

yes the person is XPero, thx for the correction (i think my head has overloaded) :D

Dont you see any difference in the icons? It looks better and has something like a shadow.

yeah but that not a big thing :D (not a big thing and need a lot of works) just like what i've said before 16.7 million color is too much for human eyes

Edited by Dels

Neptune (at least not the most comon version), hasn't got it yet. (and im not even sure if and in what build Whistler has it...

what i would encurage though, is that someone would gather some windows 2000 .themes to enable mouse pointers, font properties, and collor shemes. (to fully replace the default MS versions found in the reg).

anyone who'd want button skinning whould just have to runn the extra addon for matching start button and stuff.

Neptune (at least not the most comon version), hasn't got it yet. (and im not even sure if and in what build Whistler has it...
yeah i dunno about it too, whistler beta or neptune has it in what version, and if there any source for download i guaranteed i will not download it :D
what i would encurage though, is that someone would gather some windows 2000 .themes to enable mouse pointers, font properties, and color shemes. (to fully replace the default MS versions found in the reg).

there are several theme (desktop theme .theme) that mimic xp, it have xp icon, color scheme and wallpaper and some of them can do a registry hack to make text-label icon on desktop transparent

for the supporter, i have hold my WinTaskBar project for a while (maybe a long time) and go with litestep :D, i think it will save a lot times for me to finish this project

thx

i knew there where some, theme managers like desktop archited that could force 2k to should transperant font, but are you now saying its also posible to do that without those,

if im not mistaking, win2k has a build-in theme engine that shouldn't nead anything like DeksArchitect (if you enable it by regtweaks),

but if this is true,

id love to gather some diferent collored themse,

1 default win2k

2 win XP like,

3 win vista like,

4 ice theme (white theme),

5 maybe 1 or 2 others.

and after that delete all windows collor shems from the reg.

32 bit color is NOT really 32 bit COLOR - only 24 bit color and 8 bit "shadow" transparancy (on XP) and on 2000, it is 24 bit color with no shadow - just visible or not.

TOO MANY FOR HUMAN EYES? Ever hear of subtlety?

While a human may have a hard time distinguishing any particular shade from another, the presence or lack of makes a big difference

in percieved quality. Which is why an image at 256 colors does not look as good as one at 16k or that as good as one at 64k colors.

To quote "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

That said, 24 bit (color) is fine with me even without the shading.

if im not mistaking, win2k has a build-in theme engine that shouldn't nead anything like DeksArchitect (if you enable it by regtweaks),
yes it was, it called desktop theme, but actually you can't do customization with that,it's only use to select desktop theme (more like theme manager, it actually from win98 plus), xp did this too, has msstyle without the style builder
To quote "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

That said, 24 bit (color) is fine with me even without the shading.

like what you said 24-bit is fine

little

btw have you ever heard that human eyes can only see 60fps (frame per second)? so what's different if you seen a movie use 120 fps? it'svery hard to explain but fly eyes can catch more speed and color than human :D and 32-bit is not actually 32, it just 24-bit image with 8-bit transparency /shadow

now enough with that discussion, lets go with Litestep, anyone have a good XP like theme available there? i found one but it didn't fit well, post the linkand maybe we will get royale theme from that thing