[UPDATED, 07/05/2006]X2K Project, more project and works

Dels

Hey, goodluck on the exams. :thumbup

I offered to help with icons and stuff. I'm still in the process of fixing resources with XP ones on my severely nLited system, but I've already made some progress.

myhackedwin2kdesktop2kt.th.png

I'd be happy to share what I've done so far, assuming I can grab some things that you have(like that nice Windows 2000 logo!) I've mostly gotten all my icons from an XP Sp1 laptop I have access to, so it may not look quite the same. Also, I chose to do 256-colour(and down) icons only, to avoid huge filesize increases. I'm still not sure on whether to keep or remove 48x48 icons.

I'll post most of them once I fix a few more things. I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the duplicate Network Connections icons in the control panel while leaving the pretty one.

thanks for the question,

that post is a shell32.dll only replacement, X2K will replace the amount (maybe less) of system files what xpize have done, new bootlogo, new ntlogo, new login screen (i have test to put background image on login screen), a new alt-tab replacement (using winswitch), and more (windows skinning ability still on hold)

the idea is to create something like Tihiy Win98Rev but just a liltle minimalist like xpize did

currently there ~170 files already hacked and more to come

i will post other screenshot if i able

Edited by Dels

I'd be happy to share what I've done so far, assuming I can grab some things that you have(like that nice Windows 2000 logo!) I've mostly gotten all my icons from an XP Sp1 laptop I have access to, so it may not look quite the same. Also, I chose to do 256-colour(and down) icons only, to avoid huge filesize increases. I'm still not sure on whether to keep or remove 48x48 icons.

just grab it :D i will give you the old files that i have done if you want :D

and why only 256 color? you need 16bit too :D

Edited by Dels

Is there a commandline switch for X2K to slipstream these mods to a 2k source? If so, I'd like to incorporate it into HFSLIP.
i make this pack with winrar sfx, there are 2 version, the very silent or not silent version, the very silent version can be add .cab and make it able to hotsream it via nlite :D
you said new login screen?

have you ever tried, the logon stuf from windows neptune... (2k home beta)

actually it's just a hack that can add image to login dialog and image to background :) and i didn't have a copy of neptune :(

Don't you think Vista icons look better?

yup, but for some reason, it's hard for me to use vista icon as a main icon (personal interest), if you want to you can rehack the shell32.dll, so it's not planned right now

thx and sorry cause i still busy with my exam :(

Edited by Dels

also the main project of X2K was to bring some modern look and feel to Windows 2000

for now things deal with xp (cause i have access to all xp system files, not vista) especially royale a.k.a media center edition, just want to do some kind like XPize did in Win2K

the project name in my first think is X2Kize but it sound really odd, so i delete the "ize" from the name to made it same like the project quotes

Feel the eX2Kerience taken directly from Feel the eXPerience as you know this is winxp quotes :D

enough with the talk, better grab my book and study :D

thanks for all your attentions

late midnight post, added 10 new screenshot, problem with shell32.dll solved :), browseui.dll toolbar still dithering with ugly black border (it must be from 32bit files) :( but the small have no problem :D

check out :

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/dels2004/win2k/

PS :

1.all new image are in name format 04-05-2006_0XX.jpg

where

04 = day

05 = month

2006 = year

0XX = no of screenshot

all image saved on jpeg format with 85% quality

2. i try to use webview replacement as you look on screenshot, the result i will post in next day

3. i still on exam, i just run virtual pc and made those screenshot for you all in my bored "study" time :D

Edited by Dels

i have develop a taskbar replacement and shutdown dialog replacement for X2K project, the taskbar relpacement still useless for now, but when i get to learn more about Windows API programming that would be better (and stable).

WinTask (developed using Delphi 7, build for 800x600 res, 1024x768 is later until it stable and usefull)

wintask7gl.th.jpg

WinShutDown (finished but still need some improvement for the label things)

winshutdown6hk.jpg

Edited by Dels

Hi Dels

Good work! :thumbup Whats the progress ?

We all are eagerly waiting for the first release.

Thanks.

READ before posting LOL :zzz:

Thank's, next tuesday i will be free for a week and better i give what i have promised (beta 1 of X2K)