Nero 7.2.0.3

Sanjay

frasuperbike,

The problem with saying Yes to all components, I think is partly to do with you Upgrading or re-installing Nero - if you put n for the component the script de-selects it, but if you put a y it does nothing! this is again because this was planned for fresh installations.

frasuperbike,

The problem with saying Yes to all components, I think is partly to do with you Upgrading or re-installing Nero - if you put n for the component the script de-selects it, but if you put a y it does nothing! this is again because this was planned for fresh installations.

i have the same problem for new clear installation...sigh sigh... now i doing another prove to verify...

• 3 months later...

Hi all:

Nero-7.2.7.0 is out, I've tried to configure the script to work with it but did not make, every time it stops at different places, when it did stopped I was clicked on mouse to go on, so some screen was going fine and other were stopped, the following are the screen stop to go on:

- Accept EULA screen

- Choosing language (I've downloaded the english version only)

- Custom Setup (it did choosed the components to install)

- Settings ... Please select file association and other options (there are two tabs here underbelow one for Photos and the other one for options)

- setuppx ... the window that ask about restart pc or not

so can you help me with this issue?

Thanks

Mohamed

Edited by mgadallah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

As you will have noticed Nero 7.5.1.1 is out and the previous script works no more :(:(:(

I tried to adjust the old script both in terms of the page ordering, which has changed significantly, and mouse clicks - the numbers there have also changed - to no avail...

So here's my plea: does anyone know how to fix this?

I've attached my modified, non-working script below in the hopes that it may serve as an inspiration to others, but sadly it gets stuck right after the programme is extracted! :realmad:

Salawinder? Glowy? Sanjay? Anyone?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Wrong_Nero7.5.1.1_Script.au3

OK, here goes:

I have re-done the script for 7.5.1.1, and have changed the way the custom configuration options are selected, so if you say you DO want a feature it will change it accordingly (the previous script ony deselected items not chosen).

Nero checks for the presence of SP2 and DirectX 9.0c, if they are not there it prompts you to install them. This IS NOT handled by this script, so you will need to make sure you have these installed before you run this script.

Left in from the old script is a batch of settings which alter options in the running of the program (overburn, verify, etc.) these may or may not work with this version (I haven't had time to test them, and I never used them before). You will notice this section by the large & obvious comment section before it! If others are prepaired to test these options and let me know if they work (or if they don't) and any additional options (or alternatives), I will add them to the script.

Needless to say, you must enter your Name, Company & Serial Details, and choose the options you want to install.

I have tested this script with the Ultra version of the program, if any users have problems with other versions, get in touch and I will try to modify it accordingly.

As usual, any feedback is appreciated, and I will endeavour to rectify faults as soon as pssible, but if anyoine else wants to chip in, feel free!

AutoIt_Nero_7.5.1.1.au3

Hello All,

I had a quick question. I see that AutoIt seems to the way to go for a lot of software, but I really have no knowledge in scripting, so I have no idea as to what the commands mean in the script. I have installed the latest version of Nero 7 by changing the entries in the SFX, by using WinRar. It looks like this;

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setupx.exe /qb /norestart INSTALLDIR1="%ProgramFiles%\1-Applications\Nero 7" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxxxx
" AGREETOLICENSE="True"
Path=%temp%\NeroDemo11015
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 7
family=Nero 7

I definitely want it to install in that directory, how can I add that to the script?

I also worked on a cleanup batch file last night. I had no idea what I was doing, and it took me about 2 hours to get it right. Mazin, actually started me off with a few lines to add to my existing cleanup.cmd, so I wanted to say thanks mazin. I then took it and ran with it. All it does is makes some directorys, renames some shortcuts and moves them to some folders that I want. So, if someone can eyeball it, and tell me what they think or how I could improve it, I'd be greatly appreciative. Oh and rado354, and kof94, helped me, and pointed me to the AutoIt website. I saw a book there,"Windows Admin Scripting Little Black Book, Third Edition". Any thoughts about this book? (I have the first edition, I don't know how it got in my library, but I found it yesterday.) Should I get this one?

Thanking all of you in advance.

cmdow @ /HID
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."
net user aspnet /delete

MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office"

REN "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.lnk" "Outlook.lnk"
Copy "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Outlook.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Outlook.lnk"

REN "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Excel 2003.lnk" "Excel.lnk"
Copy "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Excel.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Excel.lnk"

REN "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Word 2003.lnk" "Word.lnk"
Copy "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Microsoft Office\Word.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Word.lnk"

move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Foxit Reader" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Foxit Reader"
REN "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Foxit Reader\Foxit Reader.lnk" "Foxit.lnk"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Foxit.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Foxit.lnk"

#MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Mozilla Firefox" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\1-Applications\Firefox"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Firefox.lnk"

MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Elaborate Bytes" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia\Elaborate Bytes"
REN "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\CloneDVD2.lnk" "CloneDVD.lnk"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\CloneDVD.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\CloneDVD.lnk"

#MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\SlySoft" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia\Slysoft"
Move "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\AnyDVD.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AnyDVD.lnk"

#MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Premium" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\2-Multimedia\Nero 7 Premium"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Nero StartSmart.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Nero StartSmart.lnk"

MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox"
move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Diskeeper Corporation" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\Diskeeper corporation"
Copy "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Diskeeper.lnk"

#MD "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox"
move "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\PowerISO" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\PowerISO"
move "%userProfile%\Desktop\PowerISO.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\PowerISO.lnk"

move "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\WinRar" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\WinRar"
Copy "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\WinRar\WinRar.lnk" "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\WinRar.lnk"

move "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Powertoys for Windows XP" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\3-Toolbox\Powertoys for Windows XP"

DEL "%systemroot%\*.bmp"
DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\*.jpg"
DEL "%systemroot%\system32\dllcache\*.scr"
DEL "%systemroot%\system32\*.scr"

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

DEL "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk"
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Movie Maker.lnk"

RD "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\WinRar"
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\drivers\
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\apps\

EXIT

Edited by gyrene2083

gyrene2083,

I've looked at ways to change the installation path for Nero, but it would be too dificult to incorporate into the script.

I'm afraid I haven't had chance to look at you cleanup script, but if it does what it's meant to, be happy!