Nero 7.2.0.3

Sanjay

Sangi,

As Glowy has pointed out the error I made was leaving a reference to 'Ultra Edition' in one of the commands. I have amended this and have attached a new script below. Also note I have not tested this in VMWare, or VirtualPC, i have used a spare computer. I know this shouldn't make a difference, but I have heard of some issues like this.

Glowy,

Thanks for the assistance - I originally had all commands pointing to "Nero 7 Ultra Edition - Installation Wizard", but realised it would not work for all users, so thought I had changed them all, but missed one!

I toyed with the idea of using Send (" {PGDN 2} "), also, bot figured I was already using the MouseClick command I may as well stick with it (and that worked better than I had expected. I think possibly there may be differences in the layout for the Dutch version (as well as the order of the components) which might make the PGDN a better option, so have amended my script accordingly.

Note that the installer I have used is a rip with English language only, so it might be best to add some code to select the language for non-English versions. I would have thought that the window properties would not match with non-English versions, did you have any trouble with that? - perhaps you could create a Dutch version of the script which incorporates the different order of the components and the coordinates for the MouseClick?

I have no problem with anyone altering/borrowing/outright stealing the code, as long as it helps the community! (where would we be without plagiarism, Bill(zebub) wouldn't have a job for starters!)

Nero7.au3

First of all salawinder and Glowy: thanks so much for the help, I wish I could be of some use, but since I don't yet know how to write scripts, I guess I have to limit myself to testing! And that I did...

salawinder

I've tested your new script in my VMWare, and although this time it did not hang at the Custom Setup dialogue box, it still hangs after the dialogue boxes close down, i.e. it won't install!

Glowy,

You said:

I also added the option to add name and companyname, if these values are empty they are left default.

And added an option to hide the unpacking screen.

I can post the edited script if requested. But I think it's better to let salawinder keep the script, and do the changes

Would your script work for Nero-7.2.0.3b_eng_no_yt.exe, i.e. the English only version? I'm particularly interested in the hide the unpacking screen bit: does it mean we wouldn't get to see the dialogue boxes on the screen?

You also said:

I can post the edited script if requested. But I think it's better to let salawinder keep the script, and do the changes

Well, since I haven't been lucky with the new salawinder script, at least not yet, I would be very happy to try yours! Could you post it?

Sangi,

out of interest, when you say after the dialogue boxes, do you mean that it does not come up with the reboot warning, or is it before there?

I ask because on 1 test I ran it did not need to reboot.

Glowy, if you can assist i don't mid at all, if you want to post the code you did for the name and companyname and hiding the unpacking screen ( I prefer to see this, as I say it may be unattended, but I like to see what is going on! )

Thanks

salawinder

What I mean is that it hangs after the last dialogue box, the one which says [Finnish]. It seems to close down, or at least there are no more dialogue boxes, but my RunOnceEx hangs, that is, it does not move to the next application, and seen as it does so for all the others, I suspect that Nero is simply not closing down. My RunOnce works for the other applications so again, I suspect this is NOT the problem.

I hope it's not me that is getting it all wrong, but I did exactly what I told you in my first post. I'm also using VMWare, which you said you haven't as yet tested, but here again, it works fine for my other applications, so I find it unlikely. :unsure:

Thanks for your consideration!

Sanjay, its sad that this version (seems) to not support MSI properties.

Else you could use an MSI tracking freeware app, and create a *.MST file (which contains all customizations), which could then be applied to the installer as:

installer.MSI TRANSFORMS=custom.MST

Sangi,

Ok, if it hangs after the Finish button is 'pressed', then the reason the code stops is that it is looking for a smaller dialogue box which prompts the user to restart.

I have amended my code so that it waits for 5 seconds for that window to appear and then continues if the window does not appear. give it a go and see if it helps. If this doesn't do it let me know which components you are installing and which options you use in the user section.

Thanks.

Nero7.au3

salawinder,

YES, it works now!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Thanks a million: Tomorrow I will test it on the more general computer installation (as opposed to VMWare) and I'll let you know how that works.

Oh, and I added my plugin serials to my regtweaks and that worked fine too!

I would like to suggest that you add this great script to the AutoIt Scripts sticky!

Sanjay,

This is much better than fiddling about with MSI files: quicker and smaller. And, yes, if you care to edit the script you CAN customise your settings. But it gets better, Nero Scout is NOT installed, which is great (for me and many others I suspect!)

Edited by Sangi

Sanjay,

This is much better than fiddling about with MSI files: quicker and smaller. And, yes, if you care to edit the script you CAN customise your settings. But it gets better, Nero Scout is NOT installed, which is great (for me and many others I suspect!)

Nero Scout for me was the biggest deal breaker in Nero 7 and ofcourse next in line being the stupid Nero Showtime and it taking over all media file associations. I shall try this script out and based on your response I guess I have my solution for Nero 7.

I just tried the script with slight additions to the 'registry tweaks section'. Everything seemed to go well except that the stupid 'NERO SCOUT' still gets installed. There is a shortcut for Nero Scout in the 'Start/Programs/Nero 7 Premium' folder and also Nero Scout installs itself in the taskbar. Then to rub it in and make matters worse it does not even install correctly. When I click on the Nero Scout shortcut in the Start Menu or try to open 'Options' from the Nero Scout present in the taskbar I get an error stating: "Initialization error: Please Install Nero again."

The other thing I don't understand about this script is why the need for it to show all the 'clicks' etc. The earlier script by 'BoardBabe' which worked perfectly for Nero 7.0.8.2, ran the install completely silently and without any mouse clicks etc, how come this script cannot do the same. Also why is this script so much longer than the script by 'BoardBabe'

I just tried the script with slight additions to the 'registry tweaks section'. Everything seemed to go well except that the stupid 'NERO SCOUT' still gets installed. There is a shortcut for Nero Scout in the 'Start/Programs/Nero 7 Premium' folder and also Nero Scout installs itself in the taskbar. Then to rub it in and make matters worse it does not even install correctly. When I click on the Nero Scout shortcut in the Start Menu or try to open 'Options' from the Nero Scout present in the taskbar I get an error stating: "Initialization error: Please Install Nero again."

The other thing I don't understand about this script is why the need for it to show all the 'clicks' etc. The earlier script by 'BoardBabe' which worked perfectly for Nero 7.0.8.2, ran the install completely silently and without any mouse clicks etc, how come this script cannot do the same. Also why is this script so much longer than the script by 'BoardBabe'

Couldn't you try yourself to improve the script? hey.

Cheers

MC.

When I click on the Nero Scout shortcut in the Start Menu or try to open 'Options' from the Nero Scout present in the taskbar I get an error stating: "Initialization error: Please Install Nero again."
This is because the .DLL file is unregitered at the tweaks section.

The script made by BoardBabe used the public properties of the MSI wich 7.2.0.3 doesn't seem to accept anymore, that made it possible to make it completely silent (and shorter).

Now we have to simulate an install to make it automated instead of silent.

There are a few screens that can be hidden (in the new script this is an option)

And if you don't want to use the script, you can also open up the installer with WinRar and edit the Redist\Config\conf.txt file, and repack it, changing the comment to:

Setup=Setupx.exe
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 7 Ultra Edition

and run it with the /qn switch

But still there's the Nero Scout problem :thumbdown

@salawinder

I'm going to make a final test run and then post my version.

BTW the hiding of the screens is done like the script made by BoardBabe (copy/paste :))

Edited by Glowy

Owkay here are the scipts, I also edited the script from salawinder to make it the same.

So both scripts are the latest posted bij salawinder with added features.

in the english version there is a part commented out (lines 269-174) this is to hide the installation screen, I don't know the text displayed in that english box.

now to find a (probably) regtweak to remove the neroscout from the systray.

And remove the Icon. Wich is only a FileDelete ("path to .lnk") statement I guess, so since that's not to hard I'm going to see if I can find a way to remove that nero scout from the systray.

Scripts removed, they are replaced

Edited by Glowy

Well that was easy... just add an extra line

RunWait('regsvr32 /u /s "' & @CommonFilesDir & '\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchBar.dll"')

Changing and testing script now. :)

Edit: that worked! after the reboot the toolbar is gone. Now to get that icon out of the way, not so simple as I was thinking in the first place. The menufolder is named different with each version of nero (enterprise, Ultra, etc.)

Ideas anyone?

Edited by Glowy