VBS support without oc.bat

yogger

You can move it to another batch file if you want, or make it run in the background while something else soaks up your processor time. But the net result is, it is absolutely required that those DLL files be registered before windows script host components will work. I am unaware of any *working* method of "pre-registering" those files to increase boot times.

Os a side note, the registration of all the HTA and WSH files on the hardware I work with is really quick -- I think it takes about 10 seconds at most to finish. However, I'm booting it by ramdisk and not direct from the CD, which may result in faster load times. The slowest of our machines here will fully boot PE within about two minutes, three quarters of which is simply waiting for it to load the SDI file from the CD into ram... The remainder of the plug-n-play and network enumeration and registration of those DLL's takes around 30 seconds in worst case.

I tried to use a "preloaded" regitry but i never got it stable.

It would work well on one box and fail on another and so on.

In the end i scrubbed that idea amd stripped the installation down instead to improve boot times