[Misc] Microsoft answer to illegal copies of Windows.

kernelcored

Don't know if you guys seem to know about this or not.. But here it goes...

Click on the link/s provided for more details.

Here's the link :

Link #1 : Click here

Link #2 :

Click here

It's a newspaper articles, so i can't just simply cut-n-paste it here. So, just right click, and open it on a new window instead.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by kernelcored

What will be checked, windows activation status? WGA feature of OS will come in handy for people of MS to know the status of activation too. I am safe!

Edited by clavicle

Well, me too. My cute IBM T42 will always be safe from any 'illegal activities' :P

IMHO, this really is a smart move from Microsoft. But i also think it would a take a while for crackers to go and figure out how to eliminate this 'smart move' though :huh:

the only problem is that anyone whos smart enough not to download the automatic updates will easily just avoid adding this new update.

although its a good idea in theory i really dont like the things that Microsoft are trying todo as of late.

im sure a few ppl have seen the recent bill that microsoft is trying to pass that will allow spyware and other such companies to have the ability to scan and modify files on your pc if u dont take the time to read the license agreement when installing certain things.

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/10684/M...es_Spyware_Bill

Fair to microsoft but why are they targeting home users what about corporations and people who a sharing illegal versions of microsoft.

If they release scanning spyware antivirus giants should protect the home user by getting rid of these.

Yep, i got it also, I have set up that windows should ask me if there's something for download, but this one was installed automatically....

My Windows are Genuine so I'm not having any problems, I wonder how this message appears for non-legal ones...

It will be a big suprise for those who didn't read the news and have non-legal windows installed on their machines :)

The Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application download appeared in SE Asia at the beginning of March and surprised a lot of users there.

It does have an entry in Add or Remove Prog but under it (and the EULA) it says you cannot uninstall it. :hello:

The only way to stop the messages from appearing is to replace the OS with a genuine copy,
Those that are smart enough to crack the (extremely simple) activation would probably just crack this too...

I'm more concerned about what Microsoft knows about its users :}