N Korean warns Australia could face nuclear strike

sedative

From http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/15/...8034977622.html

Australian could face a nuclear attack from North Korea if it got involved in an international force to stop ships carrying weapons of mass destruction, an unofficial spokesman for the North Korean government has warned.

Australia has agreed to take part in maritime exercises which may lead to the establishment of an international operation to stop the weapons trade by counties such as North Korea.

Kim Myong-Chol from the Centre for Korean-American Peace last night said if North Korean ships were stopped at sea, North Korea could turn its nuclear arsenal on Australia.

Mr Myong-Chol said North Korea had reprocessed 8000 nuclear fuel rods at the Yongbyon nuclear facility, and had nuclear missiles pointed at the United States.

He said North Korea also had missiles capable of hitting Australia.

"If Australia become part of American manipulation against North Korea, North Korea reserve the right to strike back on Australia," Mr Myong-Chol told ABC TV's Lateline program.

"That is official North Korean position.

"If Australia become part of American operation, North Korean response is to attack Australia."

Mr Myong-Chol said North Korea had the ability to strike Australia at any time.

He said North Korea had been monitored Australian involvement in talks to set up the force in Brisbane last week.

"North Korea is carefully monitoring all Australian behaviour, so Australia must be careful in its behaviour to North Korea," Mr Myong-Chol said.

He warned prime minister John Howard, who will visit South Korea this week, to be careful in his talks with Asian leaders.

"The North Korean message is to be careful in talking," Mr Myong-Chol said.

"Otherwise, harm to Australia."

OK. What the f***. No offense intended to any of our Australian posters, but Australia has absolutely no bearing in world relations. Why would North Korea threaten them?

"LET US HAVE MORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS OR WE'LL NUKE YOU!!!!" lol

Hmm...that doesn't really sound like the kind of high-ranking official you want to have nukes. They better not do that, because the US Military is just itching for a reason to get rid of the North Korean communists. I would even consider staying in the Air Force a few more years if I didn't have to go there :)

Aussies rock!

Here's a terrorist country(N.Korea) that actually and blatently uses it's nuclear weapons to threaten and manipulate the world.Believe me others are trying to do the same thing.Scares the hell out of me.Will work for them as their arsenal gets bigger.

Someone explain to me why they would want to nuke Austrailia because everyone knows that Austrailian babes are far better looking than ... never mind.

so true msn :rolleyes: .. well if they mess with us aussies, they got our big daddy USA to nuke them :)

have you guys even seen john howard? i mean comon, who's gonna be intimidated by little little prick?

the whole reasoning behind threating us is that big bad johnny happily does whatever bush says, no questions asked. So d******* peng rightfully concludes that threating australia is also threating the usa, BUT, not directly, so he gets away with it.

i doubt that the **cough** "alliance" **cough** is going to do anything other than blockades and air bombings. Why? Simply because the north koreans WILL fight to the death, and WILL NOT run away like the arabs. Added to this, their crahzy a** leader wouldnt even bat an eyelid at launching nukes at USA, Japan and Australia because he knows that there would be no nuclear retaliation.

im also thinking that all the attention being focused on the korens now, although rightfully, is due to the fact that they aint found jack in iraq and they need something else to blow up. I mean sure, they got rid of saddam, but at what cost? They are loosing more soliders now then when they were "invading" and all the s***s (my bad shiats) are taking over. And we all know what happens when fundamentalists take over (see afaghanistan)

so in conclusion, peng can do whatever the hell he wants because the "alliance" (yeah sure) took to long in stopping is r&d and mass buying of nukes. Why? Well America is quite simply a long way away from them and they (the gov'ment) dont really care what happens to other countries. Remember that all this talk and acts of war started when America itself was attacked, dont get me wrong, it was a terrible terrible tragedy and us Aussies have also had tragedies, but if America, as the worlds last superpower, doesnt really care what happens to smaller countries then of course other "rougue" states are gonna take advantage of this.

So there you have it, my rant on the state of the world at the moment. But my biggest problem is when people think of Australia as a puppet, which at the moment is what it looks like, to America. Consider this, John Howard and his government jumped head first into war with no facts, minimum intelligance data and misguided beliefs at the drop of George Bush's hat. That my friends, is stupid.

My Rant : The Shortend Form

Australia = good

John Howard = Pansy

America = Unconcerned Superpower until attacked

North Korea = Can get away with anything because of close proximity of other nations