Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

no offense meant {_carnificina_} :) would there be updates to your addon maker with considerations to the above requests? ... for the 1st Q i think i may have found the A by using cabtool :) being able create shortcuts and establishing structure of directories in nlaom would be great! thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 2 weeks later...

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to create some “unattended - NO USER INTERACTION - silent†installs, and their not working?

Currently I have “19†programs that install “unattended - with no user interactionâ€. The only one that “I†actually made, AND, that worked, was an Email notification program called “PopPeeperâ€, which ‘CMENU’, v2.6, identified as “Nullsoft†with a silent install of: Setup.exe /S . I used the Nlite addon maker, v1.2.4.2006, with the 7-zip, v4.42 & Izarc, v3.7. I used my windows xp pro + sp2 + hot fixes CD to create my ‘ISO’ using Nlite 1.3.04 & used the Virtual Box PC, v1.3.6 to test.

According to ‘Cmenu’, they are “WISE†installations. This is what I tried as ‘unattended silent‘ installers:

Printkey2000 http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

FavOrg version 1.4 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Book...rs/favorg.shtml

Printkey2000 Setup.exe & Fav Icon’s Setup.exe :

PrintKey2000 Setup.exe /s

“PrintKey2000 Setup.exe†/s -- This gave a 7-zip config failed error

PrintKey2000 Setup.exe /S

Setup.exe /S

Printkey2000_Setup.exe /S

Printkey2000.exe /sp- /very silent -- Unpacked using Universal Extractor v1.5

Fav Icon's Setup.exe /x

Fav Icon's Setup.exe /s

Fav Icon’s_Setup.exe /S

Setup.exe /S

The “USSF†switch finder suggested an alternate, -- /x “x:\dirname†-- but when I tried that I got one of those 7-zip config failed error’s for both Print key & Fav Icon‘s.

On a related note, when I create an ‘cab’, it is “always†twice as big? Don’t understand that. Example, Printkey2000 Setup.exe is 564kb, Printkey2000 Setup.7z IZArc 7z Archive is 561kb, Printkey2000.cab IZArc CAB Archive becomes 1,189kb; Fav Icon’s = 380kb, after archive = 375kb, and after cab, expands to 813kb. And yes, the “exe’s†are in an empty / separate folder when I create the ‘archive’s using 7-zip.

After rereading the guidelines, I noticed that someone noted that you can unpack a ‘cab’ that you created to see if it would silently install. I did that with the two “cab’s†that I had “unpacked†and they seemed to work. But when I tried them in a virtual pc, they stalled out the virtual pc at the T13 time line and I had to shut it down. The one’s that I don’t unpack, will start the installation process. To be sure, there are different “silent installers that ‘cmenu’ suggests“, when you ‘unpack’ an ‘exe’ versus when you don’t unpack.

Several of these methods will ‘install’ the programs, but ‘require’ user interface. I would appreciate anyone’s input and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

Never mine.

I was able to use a 'switchless installer' program, createurSFX, in combination with the nlite add on maker. I tested it with a virtual pc and it worked great.

This is a great program.

Project complete.

Thanks again,

Eddie

Edited by eddie11013

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hi {_carnificina_}! i tried using your addon maker recently to make my very 1st addon (XPero's eXPander) ... although everythng went on smoothly, it didn't integrate :( ... i tried to use FCGBA to check the result and there were some reports about missing parts (if i remeber it correctly it had to do with dosnet & default install parts) ... i likewise tried using xpaom but i likewise encountered error/s (i'll try to reproduce it and report back) ... a few questions here:

(1) how do i cab multiple files (i can do this for 1 file only thru makecab & apparently drag & drop doesn't work either)?

(2) on the contrary, how do i delete some files within a cab file (as 7zip doesn't allow me to do so)?

(3) would there be a way in nlaom to include shortcuts in the start menu (under Utilities) or even on the desktop (linking to C:\Program Files\XPero)?

(4) is the latest ver 1.2.4 (it shows in the file properties though as ver 0.0.0.0? wouldn't there be any update on this?

i'd really love to have XPero's eXPander so any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated ... ;) my apologies as i've mentioned this is my 1st attempt ...

no offense meant {_carnificina_} :) would there be updates to your addon maker with considerations to the above requests? ... for the 1st Q i think i may have found the A by using cabtool :) being able create shortcuts and establishing structure of directories in nlaom would be great! thanks!
any update? :) thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
hi carnificina just tried you excellent add on maker but i noticed that it isn't adding the switches.

am using 1.2.4.2006

It IS adding the switches but just not to SVCPACK.INF, this addon maker creates "stand alone" silent switch installers using the swithces you choose. You can verify this by extracting the .cab addon and running the executable in the SVCPACK folder (you will see it runs silently)

EDIT: nm I did not see the beta vers

Edited by ricktendo64