Add-On Maker for Nlite 1.2.4 Update: 06/17/2006

I am still getting no EXE or MSI populating in the dropdown. Same problem as before. See attached.

Stranger makes the following one:

renamei smat ftp client.exe for smartftpclient.bat

he sees if he appears?

if to appear renamei for smatftpclient.exe again

teapleasebob

it is because he is in a separate archive silent.itc

sorry :blushing:

Edited by {_carnificina_}

I am still getting no EXE or MSI populating in the dropdown. Same problem as before. See attached.

this problem seems that it is caused because of the property of the archive

it leaves as it is here.

propertiesgeneral7zk.png

it leaves only marked the option archive

i think found a bug if you untick 7zip it keeps coming up the folder does not contain only one executable

nlite4cr.th.jpg

it only takes away mark 7-zip if you already self-extract with the silent install command will have an archive inside

example:

made self-extract with winrar

I think you are misunderstanding. I am getting the same message.

I made a silent install with winrar, and all I need to do is make it into a cab. so I uncheck the 7zip box as there is no need for it. and when I go to make the file it give that error and will not make the cab.

Is this by design?

i think found a bug if you untick 7zip it keeps coming up the folder does not contain only one executable

nlite4cr.th.jpg

it only takes away mark 7-zip if you already self-extract with the silent install command will have an archive inside

example:

made self-extract with winrar

I think you are misunderstanding. I am getting the same message.

I made a silent install with winrar, and all I need to do is make it into a cab. so I uncheck the 7zip box as there is no need for it. and when I go to make the file it give that error and will not make the cab.

Is this by design?

I understood what it is happening does not leave to generate .cab

will be corrected in the next version

redfive19

It tries to change the property of the archive as in the image the selected option only leaves archive

ssjkakaroto

[portuguese]

Pó bacana pode deixar se precisar vou procurar você, você de onde ???

[/portuguese]

Edited by {_carnificina_}

05/10/2006

new version

fixed the creation of .cab

fixed hiden setup files

Update 05/10/2006 - Bug fix Remove old version and Install New Version.

This version seems to be working for me, good works thanks thanks for this. :thumbup

Well, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this...

could somebody give me a step-by-step example of how to create the cab? For example, if I have Firefox1.5.3.exe, what do I do with it?

I created a few, and they seemed to create the cabs fine, but when i added them to an XP CD using nlite, the programs did not install. I've used prebuilt addons several times, so its not a problem with building the cd.

Also, is there a way to test the cab without making a CD? I'm using VMWare for testing, but it still takes a long time to build and install a CD

Using N-Lite add-on Maker:

1° - Create a folder.

2° - Put the archives of the installation on that same floder.

3° - In Files of Program select the folder where the archives of installation are.

4° - In Instalation file select the archive that you want to be executed by the system.

5º - If the installation uses switches, type them.

6° - In the descripition field, type information about the program.

7° - Click on 'Make File' and select a folder to save the archive .CAB you just created.

Well, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this...

could somebody give me a step-by-step example of how to create the cab? For example, if I have Firefox1.5.3.exe, what do I do with it?

I created a few, and they seemed to create the cabs fine, but when i added them to an XP CD using nlite, the programs did not install. I've used prebuilt addons several times, so its not a problem with building the cd.

Also, is there a way to test the cab without making a CD? I'm using VMWare for testing, but it still takes a long time to build and install a CD

Using N-Lite add-on Maker:

1° - Create a folder.

2° - Put the archives of the installation on that same floder.

3° - In Files of Program select the folder where the archives of installation are.

4° - In Instalation file select the archive that you want to be executed by the system.

5º - If the installation uses switches, type them.

6° - In the descripition field, type information about the program.

7° - Click on 'Make File' and select a folder to save the archive .CAB you just created.

Yeah, those are the instructions I was having trouble understanding...

but I figured it out eventually, and got it to work.

thanks for the tool, {_carnificina_}. works great.

what i would like to see in a future version is the option to choose compression level. for some addons i'd like to choose fastest compression level, and for some, on the other hand, i'd like to choose ultra level of compression.

thanks for the tool once again. it makes my life easier.

thanks for the tool, {_carnificina_}. works great.

what i would like to see in a future version is the option to choose compression level. for some addons i'd like to choose fastest compression level, and for some, on the other hand, i'd like to choose ultra level of compression.

thanks for the tool once again. it makes my life easier.

:thumbup

Next version