is there any other better ways to install window 98 OS?

fruitydear

Dear All,

recently i'm facing this problem...please guide me through this process as its been bothering me for number of days...

Recently, i had kind of use a recovery disk for my compaq desktop. the functions is to erase everything from my computer(which is quite old. plantinum 2.) and i just need to place my window 98 cds to the cd player and it will start working...

but i found out the i had lost my window 98 cd and now my computer screen only have this sentence

:"Cannot find operating system, press any key to continue."

please help...

hopefully i dun have to purchase for window 98 cds....

Thanks for this great help...

:angel:angel:angel

wind 98 download!

can this link be trust??

i dont know if this is trusted (personally i dont trust it!) but if you are looking for win98 there a tone of it in the p2p network in which that site mentioned. so just keep your license and ask for a win98 copy from your local netcafe or the nearest kid with a xdsl. i am pretty sure you will find quite the help wherever you may be.

Or even better and more legal just go to a compaq dealer in your area and there it will have them restored, or whatever it is they do to recover it.

I hope i helped a bit :)

George

A better way would ask compaq for a cd media only. They might help you. I have 1 but it is for HP. It wont even install on a different HP, There might be a way to fix this. Hey guys I am not asking for anything shady but is there a fix for my cd?

wind 98 download!

can this link be trust??

i dont know if this is trusted (personally i dont trust it!) but if you are looking for win98 there a tone of it in the p2p network in which that site mentioned. so just keep your license and ask for a win98 copy from your local netcafe or the nearest kid with a xdsl. i am pretty sure you will find quite the help wherever you may be.

Or even better and more legal just go to a compaq dealer in your area and there it will have them restored, or whatever it is they do to recover it.

I hope i helped a bit :)

George

yup.. it helps...:)Thanks a million... more solutions is better than no solutions...

guess that the only way to go to....

i tried gg to the microsoft there to seek for help.. but for some extend i need to pay for the service charge...

so i didn't try to ask...

but i haven't try compaq there...they might have solution for it.. thanks..:):thumbup

A better way would ask compaq for a cd media only. They might help you. I have 1 but it is for HP. It wont even install on a different HP, There might be a way to fix this. Hey guys I am not asking for anything shady but is there a fix for my cd?

what is cd media?? is it win 98? :)