Future versions of Firefox on Windows 98

ivanbuto

So? We can just change it back. That's the power of CVS.

Unfortunately, there's no we - that was made by Tihiy alone (as I presume).

And who's saying Tihiy is the only capable l33t hax0or here! I can build and edit Mozilla code too!

Looks like he's using KernelEx. Hmm. Well, I would help, but I have been missing my development box for weeks now. For some strange reason my motherboard got busted... :(

Your thread appears to have been deleted :'(

Edit: Nevermind, I think the threads were merged.

It´s set on hold for now, there could be legal issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not post complains directly, nor discuss it here as I have to remove them directly.

The MSFN staff will not reply.

When all is cleared out, we will release the topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

If anything, we could do what Debian had to do, and rename Firefox to something else. Or maybe we can just piggyback on the already existing "IceCat" name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceweasel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_IceCat

Edited by Bleeder

If anything, we could do what Debian had to do, and rename Firefox to something else.

What, O what has happened to Tihiy's Uberkern thread? Looks like the whole thing has vanished :angry:

If this is some kind of "officialdom" at least let us know, please? And if Tihiy is reading this, perhaps he could send me a PM.

Bleeder, you are right about that. I see that you have more brains then the others have, and with that respect.

Analada, call it whatever you want, but there are "legal" issues here, and they could hold the forum staff responsible for it.

What, O what has happened to Tihiy's Uberkern thread? Looks like the whole thing has vanished :angry:

Not only this one but some other Tihiy's threads vanished too!

PuntoMX, is this crime and punishment?

I'd prefer to see that moderators act in more diplomatic way.

We do, they are set on hold, not deleted.

As we speak, the staff has come together about this issue, not only about Tihiy attitude but also about breaking the "rights" in other projects.

I suspended Tihiy for 3 days, after that MSFN will see what can and will be done.

Let me clear one thing, it´s not about misuse of authority here, It´s NEVER personal.

If anything, we could do what Debian had to do, and rename Firefox to something else. Or maybe we can just piggyback on the already existing "IceCat" name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_IceCat

Links you gave were quite informative. Maybe they point a way forward.

But it's been known for months what the Frefox in win98Se project on this forum was all about. Not a whisper or hint of complaint ("legal" or otherwise). But now that there is (was) something that actually works; ... O well, that's a different story it seems.

However, I still think that out of politeness for the multiple hours of work that have gone into this project, the forum members deserve something better than just a vague reference to "legal" issues. Who has complained? Why? What is the real issue, here?

We do, they are set on hold, not deleted.

As we speak, the staff has come together about this issue, not only about Tihiy attitude but also about breaking the "rights" in other projects.

I suspended Tihiy for 3 days, after that MSFN will see what can and will be done.

Let me clear one thing, it´s not about misuse of authority here, It´s NEVER personal.

At the risk, presumably, of being suspended myself, for having the temerity to ask a question of you, I must say that I am forensically puzzled as to how the statements "Tihiy attitude" and "It's NEVER personal" can be cogently and rationally reconciled.

Say he was a little upset (I don't know) perhaps you might care to show a bit of humanity for him and reflect on the many, many, hours he has put into this project? Don't you think even you would be upset?

Folks, if my thread also vanishes into the ether, aka Winston and Orwell's 1984, at least you will know why! b77alpha (at) beeb.net

Analada, you made me laugh, thank you for that (shows humanity).

Let me quote some of your questions and reply to them.

But it's been known for months what the Frefox in win98Se project on this forum was all about.
I agree that actions should have taken earlier, but as an official topic was opened for the project we had to take action on it.

Analada, you made me laugh, thank you for that (shows humanity).

Unfortunately, sir, laughter is not the emotion I feel by your actions in unilaterally suspending Tihiy and deleting whole tranches of posts.

What is it about using scorn to deflect attention from issues?

Edited by Analada

However, I still think that out of politeness for the multiple hours of work that have gone into this project, the forum members deserve something better than just a vague reference to "legal" issues. Who has complained? Why? What is the real issue, here?
Breaking in to bank could be a lot of work too, and I assure you it is, still it doesn´t mean that the person can go out without being judged about. The real issue is stated before, and MSFN has to respect EULAs from ANY company that the code/images belong too.
At the risk, presumably, of being suspended myself, for having the temerity to ask a question of you, I must say that I am forensically puzzled as to how the statements "Tihiy attitude" and "It's NEVER personal" can be cogently and rationally reconciled.
In this case the person picked is used as an example, which I repeat is nothing personal.
Folks, if my thread also vanishes into the ether, aka Winston and Orwell's 1984, at least you will know why! b77alpha (at) beeb.net
A little exaggerating aren´t we? If your posts are not violating any of our rules or general laws then there is no use of doing so.
... unilaterally suspending Tihiy and deleting whole tranches of posts.
I repaid, nothing got deleted.

You seem to have a gross misunderstanding about this. There's no legal issue with releasing a wrapper that a user then uses to make Firefox 3 run on Win98 SE. That's the user's personal responsibility.

There is a legal issue with releasing an unofficial build branded as Firefox. Tihiy did no such thing. He links to the official builds.