Future versions of Firefox on Windows 98

ivanbuto

Link21:

We have tolerated you way too long in these forums.

If you don't have anything contructive or useful to say, please refrain from hateful and flaming postings.

We already got the point you don't like Win9x OSes, but we don't care to see your hateful posts all over the place, every single day.

Next time I'll ask the mods to ban you from MSFN forums, and I bet I'm not the only one who doesn't like your inappropriate behaviour.

Thanks for listening.

I really hope you learn and grow up.

All I said is I want Firefox 3.0 to be a native Windows NT application. And all I did is reply to one thread started by Timeless that specifically mentioned me. I also replied with my opinion about a threrad regarding the support for Windows 98/ME being ended by Microsoft.

I am just stating my opinion. And I am not the only one stating against Win9X. Jeremy also went in this thread and stated his opinion which didn't favor Win9X.

Edited by Link21

All I said is I want Firefox 3.0 to be a native Windows NT application.

Untrue. You also threw and continue to throw abuse at the OS in this forum, labelling 9x a POS (which, I understand, is a euphemistic acronym for Piece of Sh*t) not once or twice, but three times in what is (at the time of writing) your rather pathetic, hate-filled signature. Your signature, full of abuse, shows up each time you post.

You constantly use the expression 'POS' in relation to 9x whenever you post anywhere on MSFN, let alone the 9x forums.

And all I did is reply to one thread started by Timeless that specifically mentioned me.
The intention behind that thread is totally regrettable. It has nothing to do with the point of these forums. Somehow appropriate for you, in that case. Stay there and post there to your snivelling heart's content, or better, leave these forums alone.
I also replied with my opinion about a threrad regarding the support for Windows 98/ME being ended by Microsoft.
I am just stating my opinion.
Untrue. You are not merely stating your opinion.

You are constantly throwing abuse. And when you do state your opinion, it's almost always besides the point of the topic/post in hand. The point of this post is to recruit skilled volunteers to maintain Firefox for 9x. The point of the other post you refer to is to see how much interest there is amongst 9x users in mounting an email campaign asking MS to continue supporting 9x. Neither of these post require, are contributed to or informed by your sulking hating and ultimately self-pitying posts. You contribute nothing.

Whatever you are doing here, you're doing the exact same thing constantly. Constantly. No doubt people here will speculate on your mental state, such is the undying intensity of your hate, and the doggedness with which you pursue its expression. You're like a broken machine, unable to adapt, fixed in a loop of hateful but ultimately pointless behaviour, forever.

Stop, Link21. What can you do? There's nothing you can do. We and millions of others continue to use 9x. We don't care about your opinion - as if that was ever in question! - but we're tired of your foul abuse. You stink the place out man. You would never have got this far were you to have aimed your tirades over the past months (years even!) at XP users in their forums. Moderators would have picked up on you way before now.

And I am not the only one stating against Win9X. Jeremy also went in this thread and stated his opinion which didn't favor Win9X.

You are the only one I know of who has made it his mission to sidetrack, lampoon and hijack the posts in the 9x forums, for the sake of your own really rather stupid grievances. Even diehard XP users are embarrassed by your fanaticism.

The sun comes up and goes down. Life goes on. Accept it, and go away, finally.

Edited by bristols

Jeez, seems he really hates Win9x!

What does he get from bagging it out in his signature? Win9x WAS released. Build a bridge mate and get over it!

Do you think he's disgruntled because it was more popular than OS/2 warp?

:whistle:

I see Win9x as a utility. It has a job to do. Does it well enough on my machine, so let it be.

As for Firefox 3, if anyone has any programming ability, it would be awsome if we could keep a 9x branch running :thumbup

I hope the moderators of MSFN.org Forums BAN Link21 from this site. what an absolute JERK he is. YEAH, you tell him bristols!

All right everyone, let's get back to business (and perhaps clean up the mess Link21 made in this thread).

I've checked the mozillaZine page and it mentions Firefox 2.0 beta 1. I'm beta testing FF 2.0b1 right now under WinME and WinXP [see, at least I like both 9x and NT versions of Windows]. FireFox 1.5.0.5 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 will be out in a few weeks.

Jeez, seems he really hates Win9x!

What does he get from bagging it out in his signature? Win9x WAS released. Build a bridge mate and get over it!

Do you think he's disgruntled because it was more popular than OS/2 warp?

:whistle:

I see Win9x as a utility. It has a job to do. Does it well enough on my machine, so let it be.

As for Firefox 3, if anyone has any programming ability, it would be awsome if we could keep a 9x branch running :thumbup

not sure what Link21's problem is. he needs to have his head checked by a psychiatrist or something. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
not sure what Link21's problem is. he needs to have his head checked by a psychiatrist or something. :thumbup

certainly Link21 has been a disgrace and an embarrassment to the Win9xME forums here and needs to pay the price [or should I say "suffer the consequences"] for his foolish comments. If he says he wants Firefox 3 to work only under NT-based versions of Windows, this is not the right place to say that.

all right for those who have gotten Firefox 1.5.0.5 and have installed it under Win9xME, upgrade to 1.5.0.6 immediately as the makers of Firefox fixed other bugs that were not patched in 1.5.0.5.

Beta 2 of Firefox 2.0 should be ready sometime next week.

I tested Portable Firefox Bon Echo on a Win98SE box at work. Works perfectly. ;)

I'm going to test out Portable Firefox versions 1.5.0.6 and 2.0 beta 1 under Win95 SR2 and Win98 FE to see if they work OK. I'm going to ditch the Bon Echo "nightly" builds which seem to crash immediately under Win95 after the FF browser loads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...