SYSPREP

mediapla

I repair and install some Pcs every day. This Pcs have SLP version, are preactivated, end user must not activate this XP versions. I use a unattended XP DVD, after install i run oobe/msoobe /a and it says: "The computer is allready activated". So i thought i can use sysprep, to use the minisetup for the user, to fill in username,computername, but no cdkey. I maked a sysprep.inf with cdkey, but after sysprep and reboot the system wanna hava a cdkey and wanna be activated !? Does sysprep change some files ? I thougt it is a problem with oobeinfo.ini, but i had the same cdkey in this file..it isnt Any Ideas ? Sorry for my bad english...

• 4 months later...

hi thr!

To customise Windows Welcome pages you need to write a file called oobeinfo.ini and store it in C:\Windows\System32 folder.

In that you need to define the serial key under version section like

[Version]

abcde-fghij-klmno-pqrst-uvwzy

how to add and modify other attributes... see ref.chm help files in Windows XP Sp2 deployment tools... freely avaiable on microsoft site

• 3 weeks later...
hi thr!

To customise Windows Welcome pages you need to write a file called oobeinfo.ini and store it in C:\Windows\System32 folder.

In that you need to define the serial key under version section like

[Version]

abcde-fghij-klmno-pqrst-uvwzy

how to add and modify other attributes... see ref.chm help files in Windows XP Sp2 deployment tools... freely avaiable on microsoft site

Guys!

Is there a way to entirely avoid user creation screen using oobeinfo.ini or any other file?

post-108199-1159077503_thumb.jpg