[UPDATED 14/9/06] 7zip custom icons

bledd

Works fine with me 2!

Also context menu is in Dutch, niceee.

-sets 7zip as the default app for all the filetypes it can open

-changes the default compression level to ultra for all types

-changes the explorer menu to have these options

uhmm I miss the "Open" option, to open 7z (and other type) SFX files or .exe installers. Have to start File Manager now. Don't you miss it?

Besides that, it works flawlessly, I extracted your Associator, 7ziptypes.exe (133KB), wanted to know how it worked (I was very curious).

It extracted 2 files:

7zfiles.exe (5,5KB) and 7zip.reg. So I merged this reg file with my existing regtweaks.reg and run the 7zfiles.exe after 7zipicons.exe. Works just fine :)

Edited by ZileXa

i dont miss it really because 7zip doesn't support direct adding to exe's or compressed files, so until it does, i'll keep that hidden

^when you're able to do this in 7zip, it'll be awesome!

its not everyday i need to open an exe to get a file out, i just extract to a folder now instead of opening the file manager each to his own i guess :)

-hmm, bledd, you're right, 7zip can't add a file to an archive THRU THE FILE MANAGER, altho it CAN do it thru Explorer context menu... that's strange...

One of 7zip's several oddball bugs/limitations, I guess... tho I still luv 7zip and use it almost exclusively...

>;]

*EDIT: wait, you CAN drap-and-drop additional files into 7zip's File Manager to add em to an archive... hmm, perhaps you really shouldn't block that Open archive option, I use it all the time, tho not to add files, mostly just to view, occasionally to grab a single file...

by ****, you can too :)

must've been added in 4.xx sometime, i'll change the reg file when i update it next to include it, just not non 7zip exe's (which is understandable)

any other suggestions for this pack people?

i've made one for myself, but the creator was asking me to put GPL licence in any installer that incorporates his installer or something, i have no idea what he meant by the gpl stuff so i ditched it

if someone else wants to use my icons and release an installer, feel free!

Tux, you know exactly what to do, so you can do it if you want pal

• 2 months later...
I like it the way it is now, it works always :)

no matter what 7zip version.

yeah, i'll keep it as it is, it works fine as long as the install path is %programfiles%\7-zip

i might add 64bit support, by assigning the icons to the filetypes instead of reshacking the dll's (no 64bit reshacker)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

will get on it.

i now use a reg file to impose the icons, since i use 64bit os and there's no free resource editor yet

when there's a 64bit editor i'll host the newest 'final' dll's on my webite

• 1 month later...