minlogon integrated directly to nLite image

pantapei

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71026

Minlogon nLite add-on, rev. 02

Instructions: integrate in nLite as normal hotfix. Note that I only tested this add-n with WFP disabled. I do not think this add-on will ever work if you keep WFP enabled.

Once the nLited WinXP is installed, you will be running with minlogon automatically. No more registry hacking, no messing with winlogon executable, no reboots.

If you are perfectictonist like me, you might want to delete winlogon.--- file from SYSTEM32 folder as this is leftover that can not be deleted from within add-on itself. You also might want to delete any remaining user account, including Administrator one, as only Default user is used with minlogon.

great LagunaICE

http://sweb.cz/atarian/MINLOGON.CAB

• 2 weeks later...

• 9 months later...

Something no one has mentioned is, if you use minlogon and also use that

CAD_Trap to give you Ctrl+Alt+Delete functionality back, that CAD_Trap has

to install a service - and it uses more than 3Mb RAM! So then you have people

saying minlogon "saves" 500Kb RAM, which is true, but then you might have

to add CAD_Trap and in effect be 2.5Mb RAM worse off.

The main reason I won't use it though, is because if you use Registry Mechanic on

your system, after this it just completely breaks, you cannot expand "All Programs"

on the start menu! So you cannot get at any of your programs, minlogon is more

trouble than its worth.

The be all and end all to me is you're just not supposed to use the "Default User"

profile to actually run a real user on it, which will be why reg cleaners and tune

up programs set it all back (C:\Documents and settings\Default User\*) the way it

should be.

Edited by LeveL

• 2 weeks later...

The addon works for me in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. I tried it with my other addons I usually integrate in nLite however, it seems that this addon doesn't allow Windows Installer Service to run for the installation of Vista Codec Package however I'm not sure if that's the effect of minlogon or if it's caused by Virtual PC.

dirtwarrior, you install it integrating it with nLite in the Hotfixes, Addons and Update Packs section. As mention in the previous topics about minlogon on these forums, the themes does not work even if the themes service is on Automatic although it does not start but you can manually start it yourself if you would like use another theme. Another previous mention is pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del which does not work and I can confirm this.

Edited by Cybertronic

• 1 year later...
Something no one has mentioned is, if you use minlogon and also use that

CAD_Trap to give you Ctrl+Alt+Delete functionality back, that CAD_Trap has

to install a service - and it uses more than 3Mb RAM! So then you have people

saying minlogon "saves" 500Kb RAM, which is true, but then you might have

to add CAD_Trap and in effect be 2.5Mb RAM worse off.

Oh well, I didn't know CAD_Trap used 3mb. I used minlogon a few years back and it worked fine.

Edited by jeromerocks