Request: Pre-Activation Files

twig123

I have some requests/question:

I am in need for the Pre-Activation files & Mass OEM Keys for both Home & Pro on Emachine & Gateway Branded PC's (No this is not Illegal or Warez, so don't try to play that card..). I already have the pre-activation files for Dell, HP, Compaq & IBM... but need the above listed to complete my set.

2nd part question:

I am trying to look for a way to add all of the above Pre-Activations to my Unattended CD in a fasion where it would auto-detect the type of system and use the correct pre-activation. Does anyone know how/where I could get this information.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave

Edited by discountpc

1st question:

You won't get help for that on this forum. If you owned a comp. from Emachine & Gateway, you wouldn't be asking here.... "so don't try to play that card".

2nd question:

Either make a deploy-able image of each system and select the image at boot menu, or create a Nx1 distro with a menu (that you will need to select from) for each system type.

On-the-fly system detection and system installation is not possible and impractical. Too many small changes in hardware from the manufacturer and users would make it a pain to try to update. You can make a corp. version pretty universal by integrating drivers though (try BTS driver packs).

Edited by LiquidSage

Well, I actually do own both an Emachine & Gateway... among many custom built systems.... but the first thing that I do is format the system to take all of the 'Software Packs' (aka crap) off of the system, and doing so removes the pre-activation files that I am looking for. So, I would be very greatfull if someone could help me get those pre-activation files.

2nd of all, the pre-activation files only make sure that it is a system of the same brand, usually by the BIOS/mainboard. so, the pre-activation files are universal between ALL the same branded system that originally came with XP Home & Pro, However the files are different between Home and Pro.

See here:http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258#

Bezalel quoted in post#7, that he was working on such a thing... but that was back in 2005, and the post seems dead to me. So, I was just wondering if anyone had ideas on how to do it. Otherwise I can do seperate CD's once I get the pre-activation files.

Thanks in advance

Well, you can call both CO's and argue that since the system recovery was on the HD you had no way of repairing your system when the HD faced a disaster. They should provide CD reecovery disks with the system for free. I've been able to get a free CD recovery set from IBM and also a DVD recovery set for my Sony GRX600 from Sony.

Many Fruitless hours of just that, on top of that can't understand half of them because our lovely country loves to outsource to India....

Give a brotha a hand....

:P

....Now that (Sony) is one I didn't think about... I don't have those files :P