Tools for services in windows

Majoram

Start -> Run -> services.msc for a GUI overview.

or the sc.exe command to query/start/stop/... services

-> sc query <nameofyourservice>

Cool thanks but that's not quite what I wanted. Basically I'm looking for something that would be able to identify when a service was added to the list in services.msc.

Say I installed a couple programs, then I would run this "miracle tool" :) and it would say the following services were added today.

Or it would list all services and I can pick out the most recent services that were added by checking their dates/times compared to when I installed the programs.

It's just hard to remember that whole list in services.msc and to then pick out the ones I don't recognize each time I install a bunch of programs.

Thanks for the sc.exe command though. Cool stuff!

You can use AutoRuns from www.sysinternals.com (In options check Hide Microsoft entry & Verify singatures) and you will see only third-party services in tab "Services".

Goodbye.

perhaps "installrite" can help you.

installrite or installwatch

go to http://www.epsilonsquared.com/.

Cool thanks! I will take a look at it. I didn't know about this free version of an installation monitor.

You can use AutoRuns from www.sysinternals.com (In options check Hide Microsoft entry & Verify singatures) and you will see only third-party services in tab "Services".

Goodbye.

Thanks Sonic! That's very close to what I am looking for. Just got to read up on it.

Thanks again to all. I was very doubtful I would find what I was looking for.

Majoram