OMG! Help me..Im new here!

PhantasyStar

:D Hi MSFN. I have been reading these boards for a long time but I have never posted before. Now all of a sudden my MS Office gets an error when I try to install it. After a long install it says this to me:

A source file D:\OFFICE1.cab is not found

Error 1311

It lets me choose Retry (Which doesnt work) or close (Then it closes the install)

**Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?**

:) Please help me MSFN!! :rolleyes:

is it a PROPER office CD, or some CD that came with a ready built pc? if you have something like a packard smell PC then sometimes the whole programs are not kept on the CD, but only the installers. this is how they fit 12 large programs on a CD, as really the programs are on a hidden partition on your hard drive.

Try running regedit from the run command. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office.Right click on the office entry if it's there and choose permissions.Check the allow sections for Administrator and user.After you set the permissions then try and install.

ClickToSeeExample

Office1.cab is usually a hidden file so if you reburned your CD to include a slipstreamed Service Pack, then its likely you may have missed out adding the Office1.cab file.

If its there on the CD, then copy all files from the CD to the hard drive, this should remedy the problem.

Office1.cab is usually a hidden file so if you reburned your CD to include a slipstreamed Service Pack, then its likely you may have missed out adding the Office1.cab file.

Good point Aaron, try checking the total file size of all the files on the cd ...

Guys, I have to say so far "Thanks for the continued help"!! I wanted to let you know that I did do the REGEDIT thing and it looked ok! I also looked at how many MB are on the disk and it said 449mb. There is no mention of HP at all on this CD, just seems to be this stupid file. :)