Setting a program to run as a service

Scubar

Hi

im making a silent installer for my copy of CpuIdle Extreme and i want to know how i can set it to run as a service, i checked over on there site but it tells u to use a program which u have to pay for todo it.

now i know that it can be done without using this program but i dont know what Registry Entries i need to create inorder for it to run as a service (eg path to .exe and description for showing in services.msc)

( i have set all my other reg entries for the program so that it doesnt display in the taskbar anyway and doesnt show the splash screen etc etc. )

there must be a different way other than using these programs just to create a service.

i am making a silent installer for it to run from svcpack.inf so surely all i need todo is add some registry keys.

You can still do it with your installer. Just use the MS instsrv.exe and srvany.exe and create the registry keys that it requires. Then export that out and use the .reg file and the two exe's and have them as part of your install. You do need those files.

I have moved created services from one PC to another by just exporting the registry settings and copying the exe's. Doing it in an installer should work the same way.