Relationship between runonceex cmdlines.txt winnt.sif

First off, I want to say that this forum is incredible. In just over 2 weeks I have come to understand many things about creating an unattended xp install. This is truly amazing since I am not anywhere close to knowing how to run scripts or or how to program. Last time I did something close to this was on my Commodore 64 in BASIC. So I have many of you to thank for helping us newbies out. I'm getting old and this stuff is fairly complicated.

One thing I want to ask though is: What is the relationship between all these files?

You'll have to forgive me about the following ;)

1) Wintsf is the answerfile and is run first.

2) Cmdlines.txt is up next and it can point to your own batch file such as installs.cmd to run driver installs, application installs that have a hard time under runonceex

3) runonceex processes program installs after first logon.

Is this correct? I'll post my files later and perhaps get your input once I have this part down figured out in mind.

The other question I have may be a challenge. I have Hauppage WinTV PVR 150 and I have like 7 different individual updated setup files from their website. HOW IN THE WORLD DO i get them all insalled silently???

Edited by Paradox Me

Wow! I must have missed that!! Thank you laura!! As for the TV tuner part, there are several components to the WinTV PVR 150

These are:

Decoder, drivers, Infrared, infraredblaster, tv scheduler, tv application. All have updated software that they expect you to install one by one. :blink:

Oh well.

The other problems I have are to do with administrative installs of Corel Draw 12 and Office 2000 Premium