Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
HeartbreakKid

How to remove build # from desktop

I just installed the Windows 2003 Server ED evaluation kit and now the build number and name of the OS shows up in the bottom corner of the screen. How do I remove this.

Thanx :)

Tried it 3 times and it DOES NOT work.

yeah it works for me the first time then after i installed it again it said it need this vb6 runtime installed to be able to run it but i thhought it is included in win2k3??

Nexuz:

TweakUI 2.10.0.0 has no selection to perform this function. If you would read it is says: "If you are running an evaluation version of Windows, the version will always be displayed.

strider_D_3000:

Installation of VB6 does nothing to help.

For those of you who cannot or refuse to read, this thread refers to TweakNT, not TweakUI. They are not the same.

vb6 runtime is not included in win2k3, i had the same problem with some other soft, but you can download the runtime files from the web, just do the search for it...

:) IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO UNLESS YOU PURCHASE THE RETAIL VERSION WHICH REMOVES IT FOR YOU :rolleyes::D

Right click on the desktop and select arrange icons by then pick the add website to desktop or something another. I don't have windows 2003 in front of me but it selecting the last option under arrange icons makes the evaluation version and build number disappear.

Start>Run>regedit>\HKEY_Current_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

On the right side, try to find the key named as"PaintDesktopVersion", and modified it, change the "1" to "0".

Just try it, Maybe it works

If it works, enjoy it.