New LegitCheckControl.cab

Tomcat76

(1) WGA Notification is being activated in the US and other countries tomorrow. Will this be a new LCC or just another thing that will be installed?

(2) A new program called Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) will begin in the pilot phase this week in select languages (not including English).

(3) Microsoft is planning to rerelease MS06-015 for those affected by the issues. Will this mean we have to redownload it?

Edits: Added (2) and (3).

Edited by Super-Magician

Ha!Ha! new WPA version. Joke's on us! Perhaps we don't wanna slipstream this one right now.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/4/25/3740

908531 - I introduced an INF to make your machine 'think' it's been installed. See the end of the_guy's pinned post on updates. I'd avoid ALL versions of it. It simply introduces a new executable that runs in the background, which is used to verify a COM object before it is instantiated by Windows Explorer. If you've ripped IE out of your OS, you don't need it. If you don't use IE but you still have it on the system, then someone else needs to explain if/why it's needed because I don't know in that case.

I'm aware that this WGA is causing many problems on legit OS, so i just gave some infos, if it's forbiden, i can just remove my post, this fix usage is possible in hfslip, so i gave a link to the fix

Edited by EmRoD

(1) WGA Notification is being activated in the US and other countries tomorrow. Will this be a new LCC or just another thing that will be installed?

(2) A new program called Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) will begin in the pilot phase this week in select languages (not including English).

(3) Microsoft is planning to rerelease MS06-015 for those affected by the issues. Will this mean we have to redownload it?

Edits: Added (2) and (3).

Yes ....

http://msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=16881

just downloaded atm

• 2 months later...
Are you aware you just posted info about cracking WGA or are you being facetious?

You know, I wish Bill would stop being such a...... welll.... anyho.... I wish they would stop making unattended so damned difficult..... or perhaps WE should pay since THEY did a poor job with the copy protection system.... I dunno....

but WGA and the validation stuff is really the latest kick in the face..... "Volume license does not require validation"....yeah tell that to RIS!

:whistle:

does anyone have a full list of hotfix numbers for all WGA updates?

i want to make myself a WGA 'no thanks, i already have them all' INF "installer".