MSN Messenger 7.5

Tihiy

http://rapidshare.de/files/18431825/MSN_Me...er_7.5.zip.html

This is MSN Messenger 7.5 with version checking removed from MSI file, English version.

I'm not sure if it works; it loads and displays all right but i can't test it coz my 9x machine has no inet.

INSTALL:

Install msi file as usual (remember that toolbar seems not working)

Then copy dummy PSAPI.dll to MSN messenger exe's directory.

Then copy unicows.dll from \windows\system (you have it if you have SP2) to MSN messenger exe's directory.

I'm not sure at all what you need, but you may need to:

0) Remove and wipe out MSN Messenger 7.0

1) have UNSP2

2) have IE6

3) have WMP9

4) have ME shell (98SE2ME opt.3 or RPLite)

5) have Kernel Update

If it works, please upload it to better hosting.

Maybe this deviates from the topic,

but can you then also check if the MSN Live Messenger (I still got 29 inventions if you don't have MSN Live Messenger already) works know?

Edited by winxpi

Maybe this deviates from the topic,

but can you then also check if the MSN Live Messenger (I still got 29 inventions if you don't have MSN Live Messenger already) works know?

No. It has 200+ unimplemented APIs in use :zzz::realmad:

hi... can anyone repost it please.... after the finishing countdown.. it stated Invalid Download session.. so anyone who had downloaded it.. please kindly do a repost.. thanks

So, 27 downloads and noone said it doesn't work.

Can I assume it is working propertly? It seemed to me or fonts are wrong?

Can 7.5 features be used (...animations)?

I have Windows 98 SE Hebrew Localized + IE 6 + WMP 9. (Unfortunately, I can't update my OS, because patches designed for English 98 SE are likely to corrupt my installation.)

Error on startup: "MSICDRL.DLL is linked to a missing export SHGetFolderPathW:SHELL32.DLL"

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed that problem, now it seems I get an error when I try to connect. 80048016, cannot sign into MSN Messenger, etc.

Can someone help?

Edited by Beamed

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly - I installed it and tried it.

Since then (and after uninstall) Rundll32 fails (crashes 3 times) in loading my NVidia Control Panel. Due to that every right click causes explorer to crash untill I remove nvcpl.dll from my system folder. Started happening just before the end of the installers completion.

I installed a fresh copy of 98 over the current thinking it was a few mismatched file versions, that wasn't the case as it still happened even then.

Will reinstall and see if I can track down this demon plaguing my system. It's funny though, as I had installed it the bold words "Thank you for chosing microsoft" in the eula haven't left my mind since then.

Just to note: without numbers 2-4, Messenger still works fine.

Edited by Chozo4

• 7 months later...