• Norton 2004(Beta)
    • Norton Corp
    • McAfee Pro/Home 7
    • AVG 6
    • AVG 7
    • PC Cillin 2002
    • PC Cillin 2003 (I guess)
    • Others? (give suggestion)

Norton, I can tell you, i think is wick. my friends dad had it and it let though palyh, or whatever it was. it also takes up a lot of system resources, but whatever floats your boat. i had mcafee, but im getting AVG, and zonealarm firewall

Avg is what I like--notice how many votes it's getting (between AVG6 and AV7) as compared to Norton. Of course Norton/Symantec will get more votes, but you'd get similar results from asking people if they prefer Windows or Debian Linux :) It's just that more people have it, so naturally more prefer it.

Don't get me wrong on this one--Norton is not a bad product by any stretch of the imagination, I just prefer AVG because of its sleekness and it's conservative use of the CPU. People will tell you that Norton will catch a virus or two that AVG doesn't, but it's only in lab tests of ITW viruses collected by the thousands. If you're not actively seeking viruses, you will never see any difference, but if you're an every day user who keeps an eye on what they do, AVG is a nice non-resource hog.

AVG is one of those truly great underdog products that people come to love once they've tried it out.

Well, right now I'm using Norman Virus Control on my Dell in my basement, and since my motherboard for my new computer came with PC Cillin 2002, I installed it, and it has been working really well...It picks up all of my e-mail viruses and worms, and even the ones I download...So, you guys always thought PC Cillin sucked, well, I guess you were wrong.... :):rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...