nero 7

M_BLOND

If you want to make nero silent than use winrar to open not extract the nero-noyt_enu_.exe installer click on comment add this to setup=nero_7.bat click ok keeping the winrar window open

make the batch file like this:

regedit /s nero_7.reg

msiexec.exe /i Nero.msi /qb-! USERSEL=6 STARTMODE="-1" FAMILYNAME="nero 7" STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 DONOTRUNNERO_SCOUT=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

reg file like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]

"Version"="7.0.8.2"

"User"="User"

"Company"="Company"

"Serial7_1145397093"="YOUR serial number"

once u made this two files drop them into the archive an press ok now you have an silent install of nero

this way u don't have to repack nero

nero_7.zip

Works fine except this method too has the problem of Nero not registering as a 'Handler' for 'AutoPlay'. Looks like it is a bug with any kind of silent install of Nero 7 itself.

Nero 7.2.0.3 is out and the problem with Nero not registering Handlers for 'Auto Play' seems to be resolved.

There is one slight problem though. While using this silent installer method to install, the following error occurs:

post-27401-1146028530_thumb.jpg

Although, if you continue with the installation it seems to continue installing with no problems.

Yeah, this is why I use the following AutoIT script to close that error message and install Nero 7.2.0.3:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
BlockInput(1)
Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'Nero.msi /qb-! STARTPARAM=CallFromExe', "", @SW_HIDE)
Sleep(4000)
Send("{ENTER}")
WinWaitClose("Nero 7")
Sleep(2000)
BlockInput(0)

I customized my Nero.msi with Installshield, so only my the components that I want get installed, slimmed down the installer to a 38,2 MB sfx archive now. (Nero Burning Rom, CoverDesigner, CD-DVD Speed and DriveSpeed)

Edited by Dynaletik

• 2 weeks later...

Works fine except this method too has the problem of Nero not registering as a 'Handler' for 'AutoPlay'. Looks like it is a bug with any kind of silent install of Nero 7 itself.

Nero 7.2.0.3 is out and the problem with Nero not registering Handlers for 'Auto Play' seems to be resolved.

There is one slight problem though. While using this silent installer method to install, the following error occurs:

post-27401-1146028530_thumb.jpg

Although, if you continue with the installation it seems to continue installing with no problems.

to avoid error try to use command line switch - NSIROOTDIRECTORY="%TEMP%\Nero7\".

"%TEMP%\Nero7\" - folder where Nero will be unpacked.

also create folder "Cab" in install directory and put 0AA0A4EA.cab, 307C0B60.cab there.

for autoplay try switch AUTOPLAY=TRUE

• 3 weeks later...

i installed it with the bat like this

cls

@echo off

cls

regedit /s nero_7.reg

Start setupx.exe /quiet /norestart

exit

and it install quietly with no errors the only problem is it doesnt seem to be adding it to the add remove programs but other than that it is all working fine