Hi

This is very easy to do.

in \remoteinstall\OSChooser\i386

Rename startrom.com to startrom.old

copy startrom.n12 startrom.com

Restart the ris service

mission Complete

Edited by mats

All the RIS screens are cut down html. Study the code in the screens and follow your traces to the last screen. Learn how they work.

You still need an windows account attatched to the *.sif file in i386\templates within your pe image but you can hard code this into the variables in the RIS screens.

I cannot tell you how to get to the end result you require as I have not done this myself but I did modify the screens to 1x login, 1x warning so i only have 2 screens - need this as the end user requires to use lots of different login accounts.

The welcome.osc asks for the account information so you should be able to hard code the variables there and automatically let the screen go through.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If I get time to look into it over the weekend then I will but we are up to our necks at work...

Good luck.

HI Ekennot and gadget

Thanks for you reference! I success for Automating the RIS Client WINPE.

But I found anther question .!.

when I boot the remote RIS client WINPE.It long while processing startbar "Please waiting........"

It couldn't finished boot WINPE.

I build winpe image by (winpe2005 opk and windows 2003 sp1.) it can boot from WINPE CD.

My virtual RIS client was build by VMware-workstation.

The first time you boot WinPE through RIS will take a long time especially if running on a slow system.

The reason for this is it needs to write PNF files (Precompiled inf files) for every inf file it can locate, check in you i386 folder for all the pnf files, should be around 670. If they exist try deleting them and restarting the binlsvc see what happens.

VMWARE is a very slow environment for WinPE unless you find a way to load all the VMTools.

Hi gadget:

Thanks.! bother you again..!

I change the client machine to the support PXE Notebook (512RAM,CPU 1.6G,Broadcom Lan).

when boot from LAN is show error message as

""the operating system image you selected does not contain the nessary driver for you network adapter."

It coudn't load WINPE.

why My builded WINPE CD boot can finish lan configure? But RIS Server couldn't ?

I had add driver to winpe image, the method as below.

copy b44win.inf F:\RemoteInstall\Setup\Chinese\Images\WINPE\i386\inf

copy *.sys F:\RemoteInstall\Setup\Chinese\Images\WINPE\i386\system32\drivers

or

drvinst.exe /inf:c:\lan\b44win.inf c:\Winpe

xcopy c:\winpe\i386 F:\RemoteInstall\Setup\Chinese\Images\WINPE\i386 /s