How to Benchmark Browsers Speed?

Fulvian

Okay, I don't intend to start arguing which browsers are faster, which are slower, or even which is the fastest

But I'd be interested if someone knew an easy & simple method or independent software to compare browsers speed on my own, so far I'm using a browser (let's say "X Browser") because it "feels" faster than any other browsers that I've tried (I haven't tried all browsers, so it may not be the "fastest"), it just "feels" faster, that I told my friend about the "feeling" :D but my friend totally disagreed and he said he's using "Y Browser" (I've tried this one). "Y is definitely better than X, that's what I feel", LoL :lol: and we started arguing "feelings" :lol:

I know, for most people, they don't care which browser is faster and which one is slower, because they're on their 1 Mbps (or faster connections), while I'm using dial-up, :( and browser speed does matter

Note that I didn't mention any browser's name, I'm trying not to be "X Browser fanboy" :P

If you're on dial-up, then the browser "speed" would matter less than if you had high-speed. You've got to think about where your bottleneck on speed is. If your ISP is able to give you the webpages fast enough so that your computer is the slow part of webbrowsing, then the browser will make the difference.

I say stick with whichever one is easier for you to use. :)

I tend to not pay much attention to the browser's ability to render stuff since the differences seem to be unnoticable. Opera has a better feel to me than Firefox, but some will say the opposite. The seconds aren't important to me. Security and functionality are important to me.