Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks Prathapml for the step-by-step, tryed both with the same result, f**... GREAT !

But...

I've also added it to xp sp3 using the "Option B" ( config.xml ) and after the almost complete unattended install, the last screen still pops up giving the option to go online or close...and i really have to interact to close it.

Any solution for this?

Forgive me if this has been answered, i've missed it then... :blushing:

Any sugestion or solution would be apreciated, i'm just stuck at that sh** screen...

Thanks again and in advance

IcemanZH

Edited by icemanzh

How do i do an unattended setup without a product key?

It seems im always asked for one.

Hmm, haven't tried without a key. Maybe the VLK insists on a key because there's no other way of verification/activation after install? The Retail/OEM editions of Office 2007 probably allow for installing without a key, and run for 25 times before you need to insert a key and activate.
Do you know, how it's possible to desactivate the "pop-up" when you open Office 2007 for the first time ?

I have modified some parameters in my MSP file. But no effect.

FYI, I use Office 2007 Enterprise SP2 MUI, with MSP file and XML configuration...

Greg

Here is the screenshot

02062009170551.png

Hi Greg, I have no idea how to get rid of that "pop up" as you call it. Tried a few things in the MSP and XML initially, but didn't manage to make that part silent. Maybe this can be done through a registry entry. Try this:

1. Install Windows fresh.

2. Install Office 2007 (in your customized style, in whatever way you do it) but don't start any constituent apps just yet.

3. Use a tool that allows for comparing before/after snapshots of the Registry (like RegShot) to take a first snapshot.

4. Open any app (Excel/Word/etc), click through the "pop up" with the options you want, and then maybe close the app.

5. Now take a second snapshot of the registry (RegShot?).

6. RegShot is capable of comparing the two snapshots and showing you (in text form) which registry keys were changed.

7. Read through the log of changes (made in step 6), use process of elimination to understand which key is likely to be the one you want.

8. Visit the registry, confirm it, make a .REG file of the relevant entries.

9. Install Windows fresh again, and Office 2007 with your customizations and also apply the .REG file, see if the popup is gone.

If you hit upon the solution, please do post back to this thread to let us know.

I've also added it to xp sp3 using the "Option B" ( config.xml ) and after the almost complete unattended install, the last screen still pops up giving the option to go online or close...and i really have to interact to close it.

Any solution for this?

Any sugestion or solution would be apreciated, i'm just stuck at that sh** screen...

Hi IcemanZH, immediately above is a similar issue posted by Greg. Try the same steps I've suggested to him, and please post back to let us know of the results.
Has anybody tried to add Admin folder into the root of Office 2007 retail version (to enable OCT). Here's a quick tutorial how to grab Admin folder: link

Followed the steps, but in my case didn't replace (cause I have Office 2007 pro retail version), just added Admin folder and "setup.exe /admin" is working, now. :thumbup

EDIT: Installation went just fine. That means non-VL(K) editions of Office 2007 can use OCT with custom made .MSP! :w00t:

"Admin" folder (from AdminTemplates.exe) has been available since 10/11/2007. :rolleyes: Latest one (SP2) can be found here (4/29/2009). Update/add "Admin" folder whether you have VL(K) or non-VL(K). It requires Office 2007 with SP2, but I have doubt about it. :unsure:

@Salvadore:

Thanks for the above info, it is much appreciated. This would be very helpful to those with Retail/OEM copies of the suite.

Hi prathapml,

that is not the window i spoke about...

the one i mean is really the very last of the install, where you have the options to "Go online" or "Close" the install.

anyway, the MSP method works great, i was just wondering why the other one did not close silently....

Thanks

IcemanZH

that is not the window i spoke about...

The one i mean is really the very last of the install, where you have the options to "Go online" or "Close" the install.

Anyway, the MSP method works great, i was just wondering why the other one did not close silently....

You mean that when you use the CONFIG.XML method, there is a dialog box at the end of the install ? And this problem does not happen when you use the MSP method?

Now that is interesting, can you please post a screenshot of this dialog box?

Hi prathapml.

As i was told.... :angel here is the shot from that very last Office2007 install window.

As CONFIG.XML, I used the code from MIDIBOY, Post #13

By the way, someone asked here if there would be possible to install silently o2k7 without the Key.

Well, I can't answer to that but I have a pair of recovery DVD's from some computers and maybe the answer is inside those, since near all pc's have now pre-installed office for 60 days :whistle:

I'm far from being a geek but if I can help, just guide me through.

Thanks for this HOW TO.

IcemanZH

post-248181-1246032178_thumb.png

Edited by icemanzh

Hi icemanzh,

After seeing the screenshot posted above, I have a hunch that it is because of one of these. Are you sure you have all (and i mean ALL) of these options applied in the XML as mentioned in my first post in this thread? Quoted below, just to clarify what I mean. For any further details, please refer to my step-by-step description of both methods, in the first two posts of this thread.

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

Do post back to let me know what happens.

As for the 60-day pre-installed Office.... those are usually the result of special deals made between MS and the OEM (such as Dell, etc.). They probably install from a different installer disc, and actually use a certain key that allows for a 60-day trial.

Edited by prathapml

Hi again.

Yes, i do have that line and yes, it it just like that so the bug must come from somewhere else.

About the pre-install, I did already a couple of Recovery's and the Office is definitly in those disks.

How is it done, I don't know, but the source is the Recovery DVD so, all must be inside.

Cheers

IcemanZH

EDIT: Actualy, I did try with other codes, inclusive your's and they all result the same...

But the .MSP works like charm !!!

Edited by icemanzh

• 1 month later...
HI

I have a bundle of office 2007 professional and Enterprise edition .

i want to install Enterprise edition through unattended installation. But after creating the MSP file also and running the command

setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp

the setup asks whether to continue with professional or Enterprise edition

post-127590-1171954453_thumb.jpg

can any body help me in this matter

thanks

I have a bundle of office 2007 professional and Enterprise edition .

i want to install Enterprise edition through unattended installation. But after creating the MSP file also and running the command

setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp

Thanks for this information I have been trying to build a network install and the place I work is a mess we still have access 2007 databases up (2007 hates them) but the installers I made kept coming up with the choose product, but I can’t wait to get to work to get this up and running. But the disc we got from MSDN has a lot more software bundled on it, but it’s pretty much every version. I just want the standard suite (Enterprise) to run but my main question that is left would you know what folders I should dump. Should I just delete all the folders with *.WW?

Thanks a ton in advance

Triggz out

• 3 months later...

alright so i have probably missed it but is there a way to make it so that i dont even have to press the install button so that it just automatically installs once i open up the setup.exe also i used option B and also after i get it to the point of just opening setup.exe can i then make it into an addon for windows xp to auto install while installing xp

Edited by jkale

• 1 month later...

This seems like the best thread to ask. So I've got Office 2007, but I needed German spelling/grammar, so I went ahead and bought the language pack.

I copied the office disc to my drive and integrated SP2 like so many guides have shown. Seems to work fine.

Now how do I integrate the language pack? Specifically, I only need to integrate the spell checking, menus and such never need to be in German.

I guess I should start by copying PROOF.DE (oddly in all caps while on my office disc it's Proof.en for instance) to the Proofing directory. Do I need to change the XML files somehow?

I also want to get rid of some of the stuff on the disc. Shrink / slim down office (hopefully enough so it can fit onto the XP disc as well). Outlook and Publisher are useless to me for instance, there are others, but I never use them so the names escape me. I've thought about just deleting the directories, but I fear that it may just mess up the install.

I don't want to do an unattended install. Just because I'd like the option to change things if I wanted to, but can I preset which features are installed, etc and go from there?

Sorry, I didn't want to read through 16 pages, but if someone wants to direct me to specific posts relating to what I'd like to do, that would be great as well.

• 2 weeks later...