Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

Hi

while using the /admin trigger, i've seen the option for outlook.

Though searching the forum for PRF it didnt find anything. :(

Does anyone konw how to create PRF's, if ASCI file, what is its syntax?

Just found a link describing about PRF's

As i first wanted to ask, i though i leave the link if someone else wonders about PRF files.

Greets

Arj

Used the following custom xml installed in Office 2K7 root directory for unattended install with command path instruction. Worked perfectly.

<!-- <Office 2007 Unattended Installer; does not install publisher, groove, onenote, infopath, asp devel, interconnect/> -->

<Configuration Product="Enterpriser">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Enterprise Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<PIDKEY Value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />

<USERNAME Value="RWT" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="Retired" />

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" /> -->

<OptionState Id="PubPrimary" State="absent" /> //do not install Publisher

<OptionState Id="GrooveFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install Groove

<OptionState Id="OneNoteFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install OneNote

<OptionState Id="RMSFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install Office Interconnect

<OptionState Id="VisualStudio_PreviewServer_SPD" State="absent" /> //do not install ASP.Net development server

<OptionState Id="XDOCSFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install InfoPath

<OptionState Id="PPTFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install Powerpoint

<OptionState Id="RosebudMSIFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install Rosebud

<OptionState Id="SHAREDFiles" State="absent" /> //do not install Shared Files

<OptionState Id="VBAFiles" State="local" /> //install Visual Basic

<Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" />

<!-- <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

Took same file, renamed it config.xml, replaced oem config.xml in 'Enterpriser.WW' folder, and ran setup.exe (root). Now I get following window at beginning of install. Anybody know where this comes from and why it doesn't appear when I use first method???

OfficeWdw.jpg

I was wondering if this method works for Proplus. I have put the .msp file in the updates folder and when I go to deploy it to a test machine it starts to install office but quickly comes to the ctrl-alt-del then when I log in to check it only installs the office folder. No word excel etc. jsut like image scanner and one other office tool. any thoughts on this?

have you tried to launch the setup with setup.exe /adminfile yourfile.msp?

im using this way and is working great. i have now deploy it to about 5 machines and all went fine.

thanks for the post guys.. i'm confused.. how did you push it remotely to other machines? I've had problems with PsExec and setup.exe files.. MSIs work great but setup.exe's.. not so much..

psexec \\computer -u domain/Adminacct -p Password "\\Software\Installation Software\Office\Office 2007 Enterprise\setup.exe" /adminfile "\\Software\Installation Software\Office\Office 2007 Enterprise\o2kdisplaybasic.MSP"

basically says "The system cannot find the file specified" :unsure:

Edited by paper

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue but my question is , is there is any way i can keep office 2003 files as well as office 2007 using config file method.

Iam trying to use individual switches using office enterprise 2007.

Thanks

hello, i am a nub to this script...

i have edited the script so that the key is forced and i do not have to enter it anymore, however i want to improve upon that iso and do the following:

my question to you all is...

i want to be able to copy and paste a script that will allow me to do a unattended install for office12 enterprise plus project pro, sharepoint, and visio pro...

please advise.

Can I ask something,

I install Office 2007 Enterprice English in my Win XP 32 bit. I didn't install Infopath,OneNote,Groove...can I just delete those folder (Groove.en-us,InfoPath.en-us,OneNote.en-us)?

How about the other folder (Rosebud.en-us,Office64.en-us, all folder inside admin - except en-us,oct.dll and octca.dll)..can I delete it?

• 2 weeks later...

Jeet, Im having the same problem. no one else has a clue whats wrong. did you fix this? Jwho

i'm getting an error message:

Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator

Please help

Regards,

Jeet

• 3 weeks later...

Bear with me if this is something simple: but how do I specify the installer to place shortcuts to certain apps on the "all users" desktop and under the programs folder when creating my custom.msp?

There's dropdown boxes, but it looks like you can only specify one location. Is that true?

Yes, I know that we could write a batch file to search all drives for the "MSOcache" folder & delete it if found, but it would be even better to disable LIS, in the first place. Does anybody know how to do this in o2k7?

Welcome back , prathapml, with your hot topics!

I, finally, decided to go o2k7 (with a lot of effort to revive my o2k3 Access databases; not completely, yet!)

However, I haven't found a generic way for disabling the creation of LIS.

The only way, so far, is to install all features of the package and to run them from computer.

Thank you for your topic.

Okay after reading for about 2 weeks and everything I can about the OCT tool, I'm just about to give up. I had everything working where it was installing Office 07 from a dvd I created with all the serials and everything. It would upgrade the existing setup if there was a previous version and then install the updates and then project and visio. My boss asked if I could exclude infopath which I replied I could. From making that one change I haven't been able to chain any of the products anymore.

I primarily used the OCT tool to chain everything. Office would chain to Project, and Project to Visio. The command line argument I used at the time would direct the install to go to the PrjPro.WW folder and use the config.xml. From there, I had nothing in the .xml files... it would read the .msp files for the info and would read that after install to run Visio installer. But I can't get anything to chain in any subsequent dvd I burned. It there a command or anything I should double check?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Zac

Well after reinstalling the server software I was able to get all the programs chained and install correctly. Now the problem I have is that when testing this setup in Vista, I'm only getting Office to install and not Project and Visio.

Would anyone know off hand what is configure in Vista to prevent my disc from working?

Hello.

Is it possible to create installation-point for the MS Project without sources for excel, word, access and so on?

Can somebody tell me: which folders should I use to create separate installation-point for the MS project.

At this moment, root folder contains following directories:

ACCESS.DE-DE\
Access.en-us\
Admin\
CATALOG\
EXCEL.DE-DE\
Excel.en-us\
GROOVE.DE-DE\
INFOPATH.DE-DE\
InfoPath.en-us\
OFFICE.DE-DE\
Office.en-us\
OFFICE64.DE-DE\
Office64.en-us\
OMUI.DE-DE\
ONENOTE.DE-DE\
OneNote.en-us\
OneNote.WW\
OUTLOOK.DE-DE\
Outlook.en-us\
PMUI.DE-DE\
POWERPOINT.DE-DE\
PowerPoint.en-us\
PrjPro.WW\
PROJECT.DE-DE\
Project.en-us\
PROOFING.DE-DE\
Proofing.en-us\
ProPlus.WW\
PUBLISHER.DE-DE\
Publisher.en-us\
ROSEBUD.DE-DE\
Rosebud.en-us\
SHAREPOINTDESIGNER.DE-DE\
SharePointDesigner.en-us\
SharePointDesigner.WW\
UPDATES\
VISIO.DE-DE\
Visio.en-us\
VISMUI.DE-DE\
VisPro.WW\
WORD.DE-DE\
Word.en-us\
XMUI.DE-DE\

PS: Actually, I must split this source to a 3 separate installation-points :wacko: :

1. MS Office

2. MS Visio

3. MS Projects

I deployed Office MM7 with SP1 in Updates folder via RunOnceEx string thanks to brilliant help by prathapml. Thanx!

I have tried all night to reduce size of Office installation and to slipstream.

I have reduced the size of SP1 by only keeping 1 essential msp update which is required for Excell/Word/Ppt deployment.

It seems that problem of reducing size of Installation lies in setup installer, which cheks for files and folders. If i remove even 1 essential it failes right away. (some folders as Updates and Admin can be removed without getting any errrors at setup run).

It seems that we need someone to decompile setup.exe and recompile it in image we want, or tonight I will try to trick it with blank install files (make file named same as un original you dont want to install and replace it)

See ya tommorow with progress update.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay after reading for about 2 weeks and everything I can about the OCT tool, I'm just about to give up. I had everything working where it was installing Office 07 from a dvd I created with all the serials and everything. It would upgrade the existing setup if there was a previous version and then install the updates and then project and visio. My boss asked if I could exclude infopath which I replied I could. From making that one change I haven't been able to chain any of the products anymore.

Plz give me that tool`s download link