Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

I have the Professional version and want to install everything that one would normally install doing a "Full" install. Does leaving the OptionState line commented out do this
Yes, that does it.

That way you'll have the default items installed. (some items are NOT installed by default, so you might want to enable those, but if you just want the default set of items that get installed normally, then dont worry)

If the hotfixes release to replace the previous hotfixes, are both hotfixes will be install if I put them together in the Updates folder?

Like Outlook Junk email Filter...are all hotfixes will be install or only the latest?

I dont have any official info regarding this, but I'd think it installs them all (in correct order though, so thats a saving grace).
Can we decrease the size of Office 2007 by removing unwanted applications from it as we did with office XP and Office 2003.
I wish that were possible...

I dont have any official info regarding this, but I'd think it installs them all (in correct order though, so thats a saving grace).

Is that mean I still need to put all the hotfixes (new and old) in the folder? But why after installation only few updates listed in add/remove programes?

Edited by yadzil

I have the Professional version and want to install everything that one would normally install doing a "Full" install. Does leaving the OptionState line commented out do this
Yes, that does it.

That way you'll have the default items installed. (some items are NOT installed by default, so you might want to enable those, but if you just want the default set of items that get installed normally, then dont worry)

I really did want every single option installed instead of just defaults. Is there a way to do that?

I'm getting the same problem, and after reading the forum, I'm still not sure what to do.... PLEASE HELP!!! I'm a writer with a deadline and my original files are in the new word format!

i'm getting an error message:

Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator

Please help

Regards,

Jeet

I really did want every single option installed instead of just defaults. Is there a way to do that?
Yes its possible.

Either using option B (second post in this topic), where I say you can modify it accordingly for the other component products, the options are commented with double-slashes. I obtained the OptionIds from setup.xml files, in each component folder..

Or just use option A which is simple, and while creating your MSP, choose this option for all components - "run from my computer".

i'm getting an error message:
Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator

I'm getting the same problem, and after reading the forum, I'm still not sure what to do.... PLEASE HELP!!! I'm a writer with a deadline and my original files are in the new word format!

That could be because your office 2007 installer files are corrupted or some files missing. Use the original disc.

Or install office 2003 or officeXP, and use the compatibility pack, which lets you read & write to office 2007 file formats.

hey i made a silent installation for my office standard 2007 but it still being "big" i mean the carpet with all the files are like 450mb some...I need to reduce the carpet with the files like in 250mb or something...I just want to install Word, Excell, PowerPoint and the components..that's all but if I try to erase the carpet of ACCESS or something there's a error what can I do? plz help ^^

Thanks..

TheOneAngel

hey i made a silent installation for my office standard 2007 but it still being "big" i mean the carpet with all the files are like 450mb some...I need to reduce the carpet with the files like in 250mb or something...I just want to install Word, Excell, PowerPoint and the components..that's all but if I try to erase the carpet of ACCESS or something there's a error what can I do? plz help ^^

Thanks..

TheOneAngel

You can't yet. No-one has come up with a way to do it.

@ yadzil You can't do that either its just not the way it works.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the prompt when a user runs office 2007 for the first time? It's the promp that asks to setup windows update, configure online help, and download a file periodicly etc. Is this possible via the MSP file?

Edited by chickenselects

@ yadzil You can't do that either its just not the way it works.

Do you have any idea which hotfixes should be install? Cause when I put all the hotfixes listed in Office 2007 hotfixes (same as microsoft site) not all the hotfixes installed.

Thats because they don't glean out the out dated hotfixes....

You need to run a clean install and go to office update and ownload just the hotfixes it says you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone have a look at my config.xml and work out why i keep getting an invalid config.xml error when trying to run setup. It is office 2007 standard edition.

<Configuration Product="Standard">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="yes" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="yes" />

<Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Standard Setup(*).txt" />

<PIDKEY Value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" />

<USERNAME Value="Customer" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="Europcar Asia Pacific" />

<INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" />

<LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" />

<SOURCELIST Value="\\au-tul-fp1\admininstall$\Office12;\\au-tul-fp1\admininstall$\Office12" />

<DistributionPoint Location="\\au-tul-fp1\admininstall$\Office12" />

<OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" />

<Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" />

<Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\au-tul-fp1\admininstall$\office 12\Standard.WW\my.msi" QuietArg="/q"

ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" />

</Configuration>

• 3 weeks later...