Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

To solve above problem, you can do one of the 3 below:

1. Integrate ryanVM update pack into XP (it contain MSI 3.1)

2. Install msi3.1 during cmdlines & o2k7 at runonce.

3. Use the 2nd method that I mentioned (modifying config.xml).

It is possible to remove auto-reboot process after silent install ??

"start /wait setup.exe /adminfile custom.msp"........no reboot!!!

Ad this to your config.xml as last command and before </Configuration>

<Setting Id="Reboot" Value="ReallySuppress" />

</Configuration>

Hi guys,

in using option A to try install office 2007 but im having issues with taking the files off the CD and being able to be read from the HDD, when i run SETUP.EXE /ADMINFILE CUSTOM.MSP i get an error

"setup can not continue because a required file is either currupt or not available. Run setup again from the original source disk or download location"

I have copied the files from the CD and to the HDD when i get this error.

Anyone else recieved this error or able to help me out.

Thnx

Hi guys,

in using option A to try install office 2007 but im having issues with taking the files off the CD and being able to be read from the HDD, when i run SETUP.EXE /ADMINFILE CUSTOM.MSP i get an error

"setup can not continue because a required file is either currupt or not available. Run setup again from the original source disk or download location"

I have copied the files from the CD and to the HDD when i get this error.

Anyone else recieved this error or able to help me out.

Thnx

Use install option B

that will work for you

Ok I am really - confused :wacko:

Method 1 either Method 2 doesnt work for my office 2007 cd. I am using a DUTCH version called Professional Plus - you dont have to remember that now cause it sucks.

Method 1 doesnt work for me because it isnt the enterprise edition. I tested it on an English Office07 and in that case it worked flawless.

Method 2. CONFIG.XML is located in \\Proplus.WW\\ and it really looks like the xml file descriped here but still SETUP.EXE /config \Proplus.WW\config.xml doesnt work.

:blink:

Setup does find the config file because if I change something like setup.exe /config proplus.ww\config2.xml is gives a message.

Any suggestion to get it working ?

thanks

HJW

Edited by 5128

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a Corp version and I have tested the option A and it works great.

Just one question : Is it possible (with option A) to have the choice of the programs to install, ie to keep the screen asking whether you want Access, Infopath, Word, etc... so you can skip the S/N screen, the EULA, but only these two ones? The install won't then be fully unattended, but similar to the Win XP "DefautHide"

Thanks for your help

I am sure I will be stating the obvious here, however I have yet to see this stated here among all these complex instructions.

Setup Controller Command-Line Help

setup.exe

/admin - Launch the Office Customization Tool

/adminfile <admin file> - Specify a Customization patch or folder containing a customization path

/config <config file>- Specify a config.xml file

/modify <product ID>- Enter maintenance mode for product.

/repair <product ID> - Repair product

/uninstall <product ID> -Uninstall product

Hope this helps.

Guys, I need help.

I'd like to fine tune the English Enterprise Setup CD to include the Hungarian Proofing Tools. For that I have the complete Proofing.hu-hu folder from the Hungarian Setup CD.

What I have done so far is:

1. Copied the English Enterprise CD to HDD

2. Copied the content (Proof.cab, Proof.msi, Proof.xml) from Proofing.hu-hu\Proof.hu folder to Proofing.en-us\Proof.hu

3. Edited the Proofing.en-us\setup.xml file to include all the references of the HU language files (copied them from Proofing.hu-hu\setup.xml)

Now the problem is that this has obviously changed MD5 of Proofing.en-us\setup.xml and Setup stops running right at the very first moment, saying the file is corrupt. I tried to find where it stores the MD5 of this file to change it, but I'm out of luck here.

Can anyone please help me?

Hi payskin, do not edit setup.xml - restore it as it was.

Just edit one of the already existing settings in the main config.xml to add-in a silent install of your language pack, like below (using relative paths):

<Command Path="..\office2k7\Proof.hu\proof.msi" Args="/QB"/>

I'm using those 2 dots in the command to tell it to look in parent directory. You will need to play with the paths & arguments to be passed to the language-pack installer.

You can make use of this info: option A , for use with Option B

Or you could simply make a batch-file to execute the o2k7 setup silently first, & then silently run the hungarian lang-pack.

Do let us know how it goes! :thumbup

Edited by prathapml

Method 2. CONFIG.XML is located in \\Proplus.WW\\ and it really looks like the xml file descriped here but still SETUP.EXE /config \Proplus.WW\config.xml doesnt work.

:blink:

Setup does find the config file because if I change something like setup.exe /config proplus.ww\config2.xml is gives a message.

Any suggestion to get it working ?

thanks

HJW

You need to use the "/config" parameter only if you're saving the xml with a different name.

If you are modifying the main config.xml, and the end-result is still a valid xml with no components or syntax errors, just run SETUP.exe directly.

Just one question : Is it possible (with option A) to have the choice of the programs to install, ie to keep the screen asking whether you want Access, Infopath, Word, etc... so you can skip the S/N screen, the EULA, but only these two ones? The install won't then be fully unattended, but similar to the Win XP "DefautHide"
Yes its possible, ensure the interface is full; & also edit the MSI (using orca) to make it show the program-selection screen directly (custom setup), instead of the simple-setup screen which simply has an "Install now" button.

Been reading, but I'm not quite sure on the sort of configuration I need to set if I want to only install outlook 2007 from the office installation source unattended. Is this possible? As my company is planning to do a migration cut over to outlook 2007 alone and was wondering if there is a way to manipulate the office2007 installation to only install outlook 2007?

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I configured my config.xml file. Now when I launch setup, it takes about 30 seconds for Office to install However when I check in All Programs, Office isn't there. I knew it wasn't installing because the process wouldn't take 30 seconds (+)(-)

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Here is a copy of my config.xml file.....please help

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<!-- Display settings -->

<Display Level="Basic"

CompletionNotice="yes"

SuppressModal="no"

AcceptEula="Yes"

/>

<!-- Specifies the type of logging that Setup performs(Default Settings) -->

<Logging Type="verbose"

Path="%temp%"

Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt"

/>

<!-- sPECIFY VLK -->

<PIDKEY Value="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" />

<!-- User name element will not be used <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- Company name -->

<COMPANYNAME Value="My Company" />

<!-- Specify fully qulified path of folder on User's computer for installation (Default Settings)-->

<INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" />

<!-- Controls how the local installation source (LIS) is cached on the user's computer (Default Settings) -->

<LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" />

<!-- This list of sources is kept with the installed product and is used by Setup if the local installation source (LIS)

on the user's computer is missing or corrupted -->

<SOURCELIST Value="\\server\Office2007" />

<!-- Specify fully qualified path to network installation point -->

<DistributionPoint Location="\\server\Office2007" />

<!-- specify values for Windows Installer properties -->

<Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" />

</Configuration>

I have an Office 2k7 full install.

To optimize space I would like to know the files/folders only for Office 2k7 Enterprise Edition, is it possible??? Which one are???

Thnx,

Annita

Edited by Annita