Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

Awsome works well except for the screen keeps opening up where you select install now or customize, here is my xml file. Any help would be great. Thanks

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt" />

-->

<PIDKEY Value="OURS" />

<USERNAME Value="WORK" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="WORK" />

<OptionState Id="ACCESSFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //access

<OptionState Id="OUTLOOKFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //outlook

<OptionState Id="EXCELFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //excel

<OptionState Id="PubPrimary" State="local" Children="force" /> //publisher

<OptionState Id="PPTFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //Powerpoint

<OptionState Id="AceRepl" State="local" Children="force" /> //access db Engine replication

<OptionState Id="CAGFiles" State="Local" Children="force" /> //Clip Organizer

<OptionState Id="MSSOAP3" State="local" Children="force" /> //SOAP toolkit

<OptionState Id="WISPFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //handwriting

<OptionState Id="DocServicesFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //docu update util

<OptionState Id="HTMLSourceEditing" State="local" Children="force" /> //script editor

<OptionState Id="DocumentImagingUtils" State="local" Children="force" /> //scanning,ocr,indexing

<OptionState Id="OISFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //picture manager

<OptionState Id="OSESupp" State="local" Children="force" /> //sharepoint support

<OptionState Id="QueryFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //msQuery

<OptionState Id="VisioPreviewerFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //visio viewer

<OptionState Id="XDOCSFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //infopath

<OptionState Id="SHAREDFiles" State="local" Children="force" /> //office shared files

<OptionState Id="OsaNonBoot" State="local" Children="force" /> //new,open office docu lnks

<OptionState Id="MSOfficeDocumentImaging" State="local" Children="force" /> //office tools

</Configuration>

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<!-- <Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after"

Execute="install" /> -->

• 3 months later...

Hi, has anyone had the following problem:

After doing an unattended setup using Office Integrator to integrate SP2 and updates and then the xml method described in this thread, microsoft update is still showing SP2 as a high-priority update.

Environment: Office 2007 Enterprise (retail), with SP2 (and hotfixes) integrated using Office Integrator. Installed unattendedly using xml method.

Office shows version SP2 MSO (12.0.6535.5002).

Add Remove programs shows "2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)" under "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007".

But microsoft update says SP2 still needs to be installed.

Any suggestions for a solution to this would be appreciated.

TIA, :).

Under the conditions you describe, the first thing I might do is to NOT use the Office Integrator, put the MSP files for SP2 and the hotfixes in the Update folder, then test the install.

See if it then accepts your SP2 as having been installed already.

If it does, then the problem is with the Office Integrator.

Under the conditions you describe, the first thing I might do is to NOT use the Office Integrator, put the MSP files for SP2 and the hotfixes in the Update folder, then test the install.

See if it then accepts your SP2 as having been installed already.

If it does, then the problem is with the Office Integrator.

I am having the same issue, and I am using the update folder. Installing via .msp is not providing the marker that Windows Update is looking for. The updates are indeed installed and even show in ADD/Remove.

I am getting to the point of chaining the installs outside of the Office install.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

As Office 2007 is very similar to Office 2010, I post this. Don't hamer me please.

I got success building the whole Office 2010 Pro Plus silent install. 687 MB.

Unfortunately, I can’t reduce it :no:

When I suppressed Access, Infopath, Publisher, Groove and the NL, DE, AR Proofing tool language (reduced to 561 MB), I got "Setup Error; The language of this package is not handled by the system” message (translated from French).

In fact, when setup is running it scan all the components, if any is missed Igot the message above.

Just as when I modified XD:\Office2010\Proofing.fr-fr\setup.xml to handle an extra language, I got "Installation Error; the installation can not continue, a request file is damaged or missed…” message (translated from French).

I’ll appreciate any help

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Option A:

6. Be sure to have "completion notice" turned on & "suppress modals" turned off (this is to get to see errors, if any exist). Once you're done with testing, go thru the customization again to modify the MSP to disable completion notice & enable suppress modals.

confirmwa1.jpg

post-9470-1174874729_thumb.jpg

I don't understand step 6 second part. Right now i have "completion notice" checked & "suppress modals" unchecked in my CUSTOM.MSP. it is okay to leave as-is since i had no error? however, it take a little longer to get to the installation screen where u click "customize" or "install" but ggod part is i don't need to enter key and user info since i had already done in the Cumtom.msp. is this normal from start to installation screen?

Edited by cat2115

• 1 month later...

I have several hundred clipart images that I would install with my unattended install, in Office 2010. But I would like them to be installed with clip organizer, so clip organizer can see them and they can be used through clip organizer. can this be done? How is it it done? John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New member, first post.

Current Suite Office 2003 Pro SP3

Installed Outlook 2007 **ONLY Outlook** via SMS 2003 using the following command:

setup.exe /adminfile outlook.msp

That works fine, upgrades Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 and leaves remaining apps (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as the 2003 version - no issues.

The problem is that if I try to install an additional 2007 app (Publisher 2007) using the following command:

msiexec /p Publisher.msp

...it uninstalls Outlook 2007.

The "Set feature installation states" option within the OCT for Publisher.msp has "Microsoft Office Publisher" set to "Run from My Computer" and all other apps are set to "Not Available". I trust that this is where my problem lies and I could probably set "Microsoft Office Outlook" to "Run for My Computer" and it would solve my problem BUT that would mean that, if I wanted someone to have JUST Publisher 2007 installed (using the same MSP), they would also get Outlook 2007. I hope I explained that clearly enough.

My question is: How should I have it setup in the OCT to NOT uninstall existing Office 2007 apps when installing an additional Office 2007 app??

Any ideas? I've searched high and low but no one seems to have done the same scenario.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

prathapml

First thanks for your excellent post and tutor for silent installation using config.xml file

i just want to ask you if i have an office 07 home and student and want to install it with nlite created windows so what i have to write in the batch.cmd file to run with runonce

thanks

Edited by Yzöwl
unnecessary quoted sections removed, posts merged.

• 2 years later...