Couple of ideas!

Kelsenellenelvian

OK Xpero here goes:

Can you make the mods integratable?

Can you add msgina.dll back to the 386 proccess? (If it was taken out for a reason please tell me)

Can you add selectable choices to the 386 patching option? So we can deselect things like winntbbu and such.

i would personally like an option so just extract the resources into a directory instead of either installing it or intergrating it, that way some of us can make our own adjustments without having to install or integrate it in the first place.

An option to just extract the recources sounds good!

I would also like to see a basic version of XPize. No screensaver, wallpaper, log-on, bootscreen, visual styles, taskswitch, 3th party icons and themes,... Just the icons, bitmaps and animations for Windows.

i would personally like an option so just extract the resources into a directory instead of either installing it or intergrating it, that way some of us can make our own adjustments without having to install or integrate it in the first place.

then you'd could have conflicting file versions which is a no no, unless xpize was to scan and copy an i386 directory and patch the files and output them somewhere else, leaving the original intact

An option to just extract the recources sounds good!

I would also like to see a basic version of XPize. No screensaver, wallpaper, log-on, bootscreen, visual styles, taskswitch, 3th party icons and themes,... Just the icons, bitmaps and animations for Windows.

what if you use the 'express' switch? :)

I know you don't have to install it if you don't need it. And I don't install most of these things. But you still have to download it. Although 5MB is not really much I think it becomes too much, even things that already look XP are included and themes for software that not everyone has.

I found out about Visual Task Tips today, IMO if you include TaskSwitch you could also include this. It does a bit the same thing. TaskSwitch adds thumbnails in the taskswitcher and Visual Task Tips adds thumbnails to the taskbarbuttons on hoover. It's a nice little shell extension, it uses not more than 3MB RAM. I don't need either of these but just let you know.

I personally don't think Xpize should be bundled with other software. Xpize updates shell32.dll and many other windows files. Xpize xpize's Windows. However, by bundling the Media center visual style and taskswitchXP, XPize has come to be known as an all-around Windows enhancement.

Why don't we just let XPize do what its meant to, and then after the install say "hey, to fully enhance your experience download this software: UXtheme patcher, MCE royale theme, Yz shadow, taskswitchXP, Visualtasktips, ..." This message could pop up after Xpize install and give a thumbnail, name, description and URL link for each program. This would greatly reduce Xpize's install file size, and would guarantee that the user gets the latest version of the software. ~IMHO B)

I personally don't think Xpize should be bundled with other software. Xpize updates shell32.dll and many other windows files. Xpize xpize's Windows. However, by bundling the Media center visual style and taskswitchXP, XPize has come to be known as an all-around Windows enhancement.

Why don't we just let XPize do what its meant to, and then after the install say "hey, to fully enhance your experience download this software: UXtheme patcher, MCE royale theme, Yz shadow, taskswitchXP, Visualtasktips, ..." This message could pop up after Xpize install and give a thumbnail, name, description and URL link for each program. This would greatly reduce Xpize's install file size, and would guarantee that the user gets the latest version of the software. ~IMHO B)

Or we could have 2 installers, an 'XPized' version of XPize, and another one with all the nifty software bundled.

It actually saves server bandwidth if more people download the former. B)

Or we could have 2 installers, an 'XPized' version of XPize, and another one with all the nifty software bundled.

It actually saves server bandwidth if more people download the former.

That was what I meant.

I have some other requests:

- Could XPize patch the Turn-off, Proceed and ? button on the normal XP logon-screen (I like it more than the Royale logon-screen exept for these 3 buttons) and the Log-off and Turn-off buttons on the classic start menu to match Royale style?

- Is it normal that the XPize Control Panel and the Custom Icons are removed if you choose to uninstall the recources and back-up files?

- I still would like to see the timezone bitmap changed. There are some seas missing and it is not very clear IMO.

- There are programs to create desktop shortcuts to shutdown, stand-by or restart the PC but they never include nice icons and I couldn't find suitable icons either. Now I have some red thing from shell32.dll. Maybe you could include these functions or only the icons. (Or maybe the icons for the classic start menu can be used for that.)

- XPizeing bitmaps in winhlp32.exe (help database + wizard)

Edited by flupke