MCE UNattended

Hi,

I am trying to install MCE to my computer. Its giving me a very hard time. I am trying to install it to my 300GB Sata hdd. Now I have a floppy disk with the correct drivers on, and also I integrated them into the setup files using nLite. I also took some s*** out of my XP installation with nLite too.

Now, when I try to install, i press f6 and specify the drivers for the hard drive etc... it recognises it and formats it and then starts to copy files. It then moans it cant copy the sata driver files across. However, the rest of the files will copy perfectly. Then when it reboots i get the message "NTLDR not found or missing etc..." and proceeds to blue screen. The same thing happens when I try to use the drivers that are integrated with nLite.

I can't work out why it's doing this. Anybody here have any ideas?

HougTimo

Well it seems that the drivers were being copied, even though it said they couldnt be. So I just had to generate a boot.ini file myself by booting to my other windows installation halfway through the installation, making the boot.ini then rebooting to my mce setup. All works now!

Thanks

HougTimo

• 6 months later...

how did you do the boot.ini thing? because im having the EXACT same problem as you.

thanks.

heres what my boot.ini looks like at the moment.

[boot Loader]

Timeout=15

Default=C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT

[Operating Systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Setup"

Edited by lord viper