WUPG98 updated!

X-Mas

after installing this pack, I could install dx10, unofficial Russian vertion, games are excellent, do not post the link so that you do not consider it spam, but it's surprising run in win9x with wupg98 dx10 really a masterpiece, sorry for my poor English y Gracias,

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have to also say that it would be good to have a 'definitive' upgrade/autopatcher that has all updates and then in the topic thread say wich ones are being updated (like the obvious, kex and RP)

It would also be nice if the program worked in advanced mode and had a list like the updates thread that allowed 'selective' updates. IE I might not want "Command Prompt Here" in my context menu etc

Trev

Thats because the pack is made "microsoft windows like".

You know that of course Windows from Microsoft offers a lot of stuff (where you maybe said "do I really need the Windows XP background, or was that really good to remove Real Dos from ME")and

I tried to add more stuff, without removing any.

Furthermore the packs setup ist more designed in a way of usability(ok I know the dos box is a bit scary) more than for an user professional.

Thats why nearly everything gets installed. So a normal user doesn't have to think too much about it.

But anyway, for some features there is also an folder where you can activate them optionally.

You must look up the folder for that.

Anyway it was much work when I started the pack 6 years ago, and I even was a teenager (17) that time.

I'm much more glad that I was so young when I built it , than the improvements of nowadays.

But the superbar alternative for W98 is also a cool feature I integrated in the pack =).

As there are no official update from Microsoft anymore. There was only the WMP9 security patch in 2010, and as you can install Kernel Ex(which brings support for FireFox ), its not necessary anymore to update the IE6 patches(as IE6 is sorry to say so a dying browser as for flash support and youtube).

after installing this pack, I could install dx10, unofficial Russian vertion, games are excellent, do not post the link so that you do not consider it spam, but it's surprising run in win9x with wupg98 dx10 really a masterpiece, sorry for my poor English y Gracias,

What a surprise.

Gracias too, for your investigations.

And what is relationship between this package and Auto-Patcher_for_Win98se_June2007sp2_Full & Dec2008 updates?
None...

There is one.

The WUPG98 is from me.

The Auto-Patcher is a "clone" from somebody else.

Edited by winxpi

And what is relationship between this package and Auto-Patcher_for_Win98se_June2007sp2_Full & Dec2008 updates?
None...
There is one.

The WUPG98 is from me.

The Auto-Patcher is a "clone" from somebody else.

? "Clone" ?

AutoPatcher (I had thought) was an Original project, just like UBCD98SE (soporific for both).

I was a part of both projects. It took great effort to construct all of the BAT files to implement it/them.

?"Clone"?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Not to denigrate WUPG98, but... "CLONE"??? (I beg your pardon... please correct me if I'm wrong.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wsxedcrfv

http://www.w98upg.net.tf/

The connection has timed out

The server at www.w98upg.net.tf is taking too long to respond.

http://bpa24.host.sk/wupg98en-AFL.exe

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wupg98en-AFL.exe on this server.

=====================

WUPG is 28 mb.

The old Auto-patcher (2007) plus Upgrade (2008) is over 300 mb in size.

What am I not understanding here?

Edited by wsxedcrfv

Forbidden

=====================

WUPG is 28 mb.

I replied to your "I'm baffled" topic to provide a small amount of information. In addition, the file you want (in this topic) is also hosted on MDGx' website. Strangely enough, I just went there and was able to download it here. Dunno, maybe you need to actually go to the website (worked for me)? Edited by submix8c

Forbidden

=====================

WUPG is 28 mb.

I replied to your "I'm baffled" topic to provide a small amount of information. In addition, the file you want (in this topic) is also hosted on MDGx' website. Strangely enough, I just went there and was able to download it here. Dunno, maybe you need to actually go to the website (worked for me)?

I checked "my" server right now.

It appears EVERY free homepage server using "host.sk" isn't working now.

Thats why wupg98.net.tf isn't working because its just a free-domain for the url http://bpa23.host.sk/wupg.html

So that the download isn't working currently is only logic, if the site doesn't open.

Its anyway not my fault if the web server is unavailable.

If you urgently need the pack then additionally look up mdgx.com.

The server will be available again right in time. So just wait if you have the time.

Don't worry be happy ;).

Thx.

Edited by winxpi

• 2 months later...

Greetings, this is the best pack for win9x I tried, since it was published, I not had problems, but after installing the latest flash player, flash games no longer run, I uninstalled but when trying to install the vercion above, does not allow me, I could solve this problem, I apologize if this topic is not, therefore, as I said before, everything else wupg98 to excellent results and even Flash player 10 not had problems, thank you and sorry for my bad English

• 3 months later...

It works good and stable! But have some questions... After install WUPG98 am I need these updates:

MDCU (Maximus Decim Cumulative Update) - think NOT.

MDDACU (Maximus Decim Data Access Component Update) - ?

MDIE6CU (Maximus Decim Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Component Update) - ?

NUSB [?] (Native USB) for Windows 98/98SE - optional?

• 2 months later...

It works good and stable! But have some questions... After install WUPG98 am I need these updates:

MDCU (Maximus Decim Cumulative Update) - think NOT.

MDDACU (Maximus Decim Data Access Component Update) - ?

MDIE6CU (Maximus Decim Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Component Update) - ?

NUSB [?] (Native USB) for Windows 98/98SE - optional?

*NUSB won't be needed, USB improvement is already integrated in WUPG98.

About MDIE6CU I have to say the last IE6 Update in the 98Pack is called

*KB953838 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (October, 2008) .

So if MDIE6CU has updates newer than Oct. 2008 YOU SHOULD INSTALL THEM if using IE6(!).

Not if you use firefox already.

*About MDDACU and MDCU I know to less.

Greetings, this is the best pack for win9x I tried, since it was published, I not had problems, but after installing the latest flash player, flash games no longer run, I uninstalled but when trying to install the vercion above, does not allow me, I could solve this problem, I apologize if this topic is not, therefore, as I said before, everything else wupg98 to excellent results and even Flash player 10 not had problems, thank you and sorry for my bad English

Thank you very much!

I hope everything is ok again.

Anyway if you use Firefox there should be nearly zero problems.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For English language Win98:

FAILED! (Error 403!)

Thank you very much for this announcement.

Our host.sk server however deleted the file out of unknown reasons and further uploads of certain sizes ON THERE are not possible.

I am uploading it now on an alternative server.

Please watch the first site of the thread I posted the new links now!

Edited by X-Mas

• 1 year later...

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT (REPEAT! DO NOT!!!) DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINKS PROVIDE BELOW UNLESS ...You want toolbars and other misc crap downloaded and installed on your computer iF POSSIBLE LOCATE & DOWNLOAD THE FILE "wupg98en-AFL.EXE" ELSEWHERE

November 2010: WUPG98 NEW VERSION AVAILABLE NOW !!!

The newest version is now named "WUPG98 Afterlife Edition:"

Upgrade Pack 98 © by X-Pachner ®

Over a decade old and far more mature!

"WUPG98!- cause a 12 years matured OS cannot be compared with a "7" month OS-Baby."

***Upgrade Pack 98 -Afterlife Edition****

Includes cumulative about 60-70 Microsoft Updates ,USB-Mass Storage Device Drivers for Windows 98(USB drivers for Windows 98 supporting most USB devices),Internet-Games,Movie Maker 1.0 with 287564 Update, and many more.

See http://www.w98upg.net.tf

Who is responsible for the Product:

ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE WRITE: winxpi

The most important:

For English language Win98:

http://uploading.com/files/2bcdm3m7/wupg98en-AFL.EXE/

For German language Win98:

http://uploading.com/files/189711c5/wupg98de-AFL.EXE/

===============================================================================

For consideration:

WUPG98 programmed by winxpi aka "X-Pachner" was first released public December 2005

when he was 17 years old.

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT (REPEAT! DO NOT!!!) DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINKS PROVIDE BELOW UNLESS ...You want toolbars and other misc crap downloaded and installed on your computer iF POSSIBLE LOCATE & DOWNLOAD THE FILE "wupg98en-AFL.EXE" ELSEWHERE

The actual file is fine. It is a WinRar SFX and is a perfectly safe archive. Here is the one from that link that I just tested ...

• 2013-04-28 00:55 29,746,887 wupg98en-AFL.EXE

The problem that the above commenter is describing originates from the piece of crap website called Uploading.com. When you first get to the intermediate page for downloading you have to quickly uncheck the box that says "use download accelerator". The page is on a timer, so you have to be fast ...

k3pd4aP.jpg

If you fail to do this, the default automatically sends you the "download accelerator", a euphemism for a spyware laden un-necessary software ...

Hwq51sJ.jpg

Note the size of the file indicated by the arrow. Many sites send you a downloader and most times they are a few hundred KB in size like this one. You do not want or need the "downloaders" because at the very least they will have toolbars, if not actual spyware.

So uncheck that box quickly and you should never see the downloader. I suggest the OP edit the top post and warn folks ( you can use this image if you want - http://i.imgur.com/k3pd4aP.jpg - it is that first one shown ).

P.S. Another thing to note is that the default action for that file download dialog in my Opera window there is "Save" and NOT "Run". I can't remember if that is something that Opera has by default or if it is a preference I changed. But it is a very important distinction because if it were "Run" it would mean the only thing separating your computer from malware is a single click or "Enter". :blink:

EDIT: typos

Edited by CharlotteTheHarlot