WUPG98 updated!

X-Mas

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

I am NOT the creator of the Windows 98 Upgrade Pack, I'm just the Webmaster and hoster for www.w98upg.net.tf, the Producer was and still is winxpi!!!

So if you have any questions please ask winxpi!

I will just update the contents of the first page if updates are made on request of xpi!

So please take that in consideration.

Fine!

Edited by X-Mas

• 1 year later...

New Version Upgrade Pack 98 Codename "dozen" -Afterlife Edition now available as of 21. November 2010 (2 years after the last post here).

Didn't change much, just added some new progs you might need.

For the full list, read page 1 of the article here:

Thanks MDGx !

Btw I added KB2378111 now in the pack (made a minor change) however its was available for Windows XP SP3 with Media Player 9 so I integrated it in the pack

and it replaced former WMP 9 Updates (including the Media Player 9 kernel file wmp.dll file) and its very new from 2010 and works I did a test running WMP9 now for over 2hours and 30 minutes with no crash ,so its 100% ok!

I re-uploaded the upgrade pack files today so maybe when you find time add them too ,thanks!

Further DirectX updates(after the 98 support ended) wont work, I checked that already.

And btw, I didnt add new IE6 updates as its a better way to install Firefox via Xeno86´s KernelEx .

So keep updated guys ;).

Edited by winxpi

Thanks MDGx !

Btw I added KB2378111 now in the pack (made a minor change) however its was available for Windows XP SP3 with Media Player 9 so I integrated it in the pack

and it replaced former WMP 9 Updates (including the Media Player 9 kernel file wmp.dll file) and its very new from 2010 and works I did a test running WMP9 now for over 2hours and 30 minutes with no crash ,so its 100% ok!

I re-uploaded the upgrade pack files today so maybe when you find time add them too ,thanks!

Further DirectX updates(after the 98 support ended) wont work, I checked that already.

And btw, I didnt add new IE6 updates as its a better way to install Firefox via Xeno86´s KernelEx .

So keep updated guys ;).

You're welcome. ;)

I re-uploaded your new files: here + here.

Edit...

I'm also going to create I have posted here + here an IExpress patch [soon] for WMP9 for 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME, now that you tested the new XP SP3 KB2378111 fix [thanks!].

HTH

Best wishes,

MDGx

Gracias, magnifico no imaginado, soberbio, desde aca, desde donde el mundo acaba, les manifiesto mejor que 7.

i can not expresing me very good in english, but this actualisation averpass all i imagined. de nuevo Gracias.

@Fredledingue , prowler

It's an install all, for the reason that newbee users might not have the experience to know what they need or not need.

You may install the pack(as it contains not updates only) without the updates I believe, this option is available by a command prompt input request during start of the installation.

However you are NOT ABLE to choose 20 out of 1Mio updates or 500.000 of 1 Mio, you must install all updates or none.

Is this awesome stuff compatible with Win98 Unofficial SP 4 beta?

If yes, which installs first?

Mixes of different packs are not recommend.

If you have no pack installed you should install the whole upgrade pack.

There is an option to install by "non update installation" this is only good if you have many of the updates installed already,as you may have an older version of Upgrade Pack 98 installed.

This is good when you know how many new updates have to be installed, then you can install them afterwards manually.

Hope it helps you people.

Edited by winxpi

Sorry if this may be a silly question, but what is the relationship between this package and the unofficial service packs (such as SESP30B4.EXE)?

Joe.

There is no relationship.

But it is important to mention not to mix the different packages INCLUDING SYSTEM UPDATES with another as this may lead to system instability or BSOD.

I only install my pack the WUPG98 and afterwars the KernelEx update (which is btw integrated in the WUPG98 too because it is 100% compatible, but you can only install it manually) this works superb.

Edited by winxpi

Sorry if this may be a silly question, but what is the relationship between this package and the unofficial service packs (such as SESP30B4.EXE)?

Joe.

But it is important to mention not to mix the different packages INCLUDING SYSTEM UPDATES with another as this may lead to system instability or BSOD.

I only install my pack the WUPG98 and afterwars the KernelEx update (which is btw integrated in the WUPG98 too because it is 100% compatible, but you can only install it manually) this works superb.

OK, thanks (and warning noted).

So, that means they are alternative upgrade paths for W98SE, right?

(In which case, it looks like this one may be more comprehensive and up-to-date, since it's larger and has been more recently updated.)

Joe.

Joe.

OK, thanks (and warning noted).

So, that means they are alternative upgrade paths for W98SE, right?

(In which case, it looks like this one may be more comprehensive and up-to-date, since it's larger and has been more recently updated.)

Joe.

Jep.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have to also say that it would be good to have a 'definitive' upgrade/autopatcher that has all updates and then in the topic thread say wich ones are being updated (like the obvious, kex and RP)

It would also be nice if the program worked in advanced mode and had a list like the updates thread that allowed 'selective' updates. IE I might not want "Command Prompt Here" in my context menu etc

Trev