Unattended XP

I am so feed up with windows and the blue screen so if i can`t get the Unattended XP Home non English instaltion to work i am finish with windows for good? please help me? i it need despread.

Edited by the-matrix

But what about my HTTP proxy server app this is an SSH2 proxy server and it need a username and password to work and what about all the 3 party app i use i update them as soon there is an update alot of them are open source app : thunderbird 1.50, firefox 1.5.01,Startup Manager 2.01, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.52?

Edited by the-matrix

What about them?

You can silently install all your applications, doesn't matter if they are OSS or not.

Read the guide and you'll see what needs to be done.

As for your Proxy Server, I do not understand what the problem is.

yes you can create an unattended Windows XP CD that will install all your apps as well and be configured how you wish.

Read the Guide

it will answer your questions.

It's either that or we don't have a clear understanding of your probelm, in which case please try and explain how far you've got, what the error is

If you are having problems with a blue screen of death in XP, I bet the problem is with a chip of memory. It is rare to get the blue screen in XP. Other possible causes: highly fragmented hard drives, poorly written software and spyware can cause it, too. Or, just about any hardware failure could cause it. But most of the time, it's a chip of memory. It could even be a bad contact. I have reinserted a chip and everything worked fine afterwards.

But as for nLite, check out the premade addons here. Firefox, Thunderbird, and K-lite codec pack have already been made. Just download them and add them as hotfixes.

Almost, can be what you're installing and the way you doing it. Point being if your system is stable then its rare to see a bluescreen in XP, just not the normal anymore. I have had them but they were self inflicted

BTW, its not all in the guide, trust me. There's some things you have to figure out yourself and then do us a favor and post back what you discovered.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Almost, can be what you're installing and the way you doing it. Point being if your system is stable then its rare to see a bluescreen in XP, just not the normal anymore. I have had them but they were self inflicted

BTW, its not all in the guide, trust me. There's some things you have to figure out yourself and then do us a favor and post back what you discovered.

What do you think that should be on the guide and isn't? That's the good thing of being a wiki page, everyone can make it even better.

Theres no way everything is covered, its impossible because theres still so much more to learn, his post's was on App's thats not covered.

I haven't looked at the Guide in awhile cause I been too busy with my own stuff so don't know, tell me if this is covered in it?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=71469

Edited by maxXPsoft

Believe it or not, I was looking for the same thing today, and still have no answer.

No, it isn't on the Unattended Guide, however, if anyone know's how to do it, they can create a new page or edit an existing one. If no one knows how ... it understandable it's missing from the guide :)

That's the good thing of being a wiki page, everyone can make it even better.

Except that when you try to make an improvement to the guide but it is rolled back by some anonymous admin and your work is discarded without any notice nor reason (good or bad) given, not even talking about discussing the point, you won't do it twice...

Why should I loose my time improving the guide for nothing while on the forum, at least the information will remain? Even if only accessible to search form users.

I don't mind the wiki having administors and editors, having clear and strict rules about content, style or whatever. I don't even mind my changes being rejected, but -a minima- notice has to be given. For the moment, the least I can say is that all this is not very clear.

Improving THIS, may be a good way to start making the guide more up to date.

Edited by Djé

Believe it or not, I was looking for the same thing today, and still have no answer.

You mean replacing Bliss? My post method works, 100% and its not that hard to do.

No bmps, no reg, just simple replace a jpg cabbed with another.

That's the good thing of being a wiki page, everyone can make it even better.

Except that when you try to make an improvement to the guide but it is rolled back by some anonymous admin and your work is discarded without any notice nor reason (good or bad) given, not even talking about discussing the point, you won't do it twice...

Why should I loose my time improving the guide for nothing while on the forum, at least the information will remain? Even if only accessible to search form users.

I don't mind the wiki having administors and editors, having clear and strict rules about content, style or whatever. I don't even mind my changes being rejected, but -a minima- notice has to be given. For the moment, the least I can say is that all this is not very clear.

Improving THIS, may be a good way to start making the guide more up to date.

A very low number of Moderators has access to the Wiki Administration, as far as I know, problably just 3 of them. It wasn't rejected by an anonymous administrator, since you know pretty well who moderates the forum, therefor, the wiki administrators cannot be anyone else.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you, however, I will have to say that, if the content you provided was rejected it was because A- wasn't needed or B- was wrong, afterall, improving the guide is something that we all want.

I hope you understand, and, if possible, continue to provide more information to make the guide even better.

You mean replacing Bliss? My post method works, 100% and its not that hard to do.

No bmps, no reg, just simple replace a jpg cabbed with another.

Yep ;) Found that it worked a couple of hours later. Thanks for the information.

Maybe you would like to submit it to the guide. It could problably help other with the same needs.