Norton Internet Security Removal

xenithon

Hi All. I always try to keep my registry and/or files neat, tidy and clean. Some programs which you install and then uninstall do so very cleanly, leaving no traces on your drive, registry, XP install etc. Some however leave things behind which you'd rather get rid of.

One of these is Norton Internet Security (most versions but in this case version 2006). It leaves things in: registry; Program Files\Symantec directory, Program Files\Common Files directory; as well as in various areas of the Documents and Settings directories. These are not removed when you use Add/Remove. However there is the Norton Removal Tool, which also removes Norton 2006 version products now, and I was wondering if this is a better way to remove it. Alternatively, is there another way to remove it fully and cleanly (other than Add/Remove and then removing stuff manually)?

Cheers,

X

Alternatively, is there another way to remove it fully and cleanly (other than Add/Remove and then removing stuff manually)?
You can always reformat + reinstall ;)

Why don't you just not install it in the first place? Then you don't have to remove it.