Cannot connect to Nokia PC Suite

indianarchie

I am using an IVT BlueSoleil bluetooth dongle, and a Nokia 3230. I *am* able to connect the phone and transfer files between my computer and the phone, using the IVT Bluetooth drivers. However, I am unable to connect to the phone using Nokia PC Suite. This is what happens:

1) I run the "Get Connected" Wizard on PC Suite, and select the connection type as 'Bluetooth connection'.

2) On the next screen, i am asked to select the bluetooth stack to use. I select the 'IVT Bluesoleil' stack.

3) Now, when i click 'Next', i get the error: "Cannot use the connection type. Check that all needed hardware, software and drivers are available."

The bluetooth dongle is, of course, already plugged into the computer, and bluetooth is turned on in my phone, visibility is set properly. I am using Windows XP Pro wth SP2.

I am unable to use the PC Suite application, sonce i am unable to sonnect using Bluetooth. Does anybody know what the problem is and how to solve it?

I dont want to have to buy a cable just to connect to the phone, espcially when i have a perfectly fine working dongle (i did mention it works fine, when i use only the bluesoleil application, without the PC Suite). Any suggestions?

Could it be that i need a newer version of PC Suite? My current version is 6.6.18.

I have had the same problem with my 6230. Since i am a technician and used to fix the **** things all day i was able to deduce that the nokia pc suite was my problem. Never bothered updating the pc suite as i only wanted it for backing up the phonebook (which i have done using a spare sim and deleting the numbers i didnt need).

• 1 month later...

right-click the Nokia icon besides the clcok in the Task bar.

You have to select the port/slot used for the connection( This appears in the form of different check-boxes that appear in a window. check options 7 and 8 )

hey you can also use the software supplied with the dongle. Bluetooth Soleil for transferring files.