can i have a little help with a vbs script please?

:thumbup OMFG!

ladies and gentlemen just when you thought it couldnt get any better.....

Gunsmokingman you have really outdone yourself this time! that is amazing :w00t: i love the fact it tells you what WMI its interrogating, absolutely amazing and even the input box looks nice now too :)

great stuff Gsm thanks sooo much :)

so whats next? anything else i should find out or think about? or is it almost done?

I am getting close to it being finished, I am working on the Network and Printer WMI classes. Glad you like the new style. I added this so you can see that the script is active. If you have any more suggestion I am open to them.

@cluberti, it's something I've suggested a couple of times previously, but a general lack of interest pretty much stopped it in it's tracks. I put together my script pack with the intention and hope that the thread might become such a repository. Most of the common unattended things people would want to implement with VBscript can be found in there. If it's not in there specifically, chances are that there's enough code examples that someone could adapt bits and pieces from my scripts to do whatever it is that they want. And I made the entire thing extensible so that people can throw in whatever they like with the suggestion that they post their own scripts for others to see.

So far it doesn't seem to be taking off at all. I mean people are downloading it enough, but there hasn't been anything in the way of new contributions.

Hrm - one way street, eh. That stinks. Of course, I guess with all of the "how do you do x" questions I should've surmised most people asking didn't know enough about scripting in general to contribute. Oh well.

@eyeball, just click the link in my sig for the Script Pack. It's all in there.

@cluberti, I don't know if you've checked it out yet or not, but I managed to work in that set speed and duplex routine that you found over at Code Comments. I had to change it's detection routine a little bit though as not all NICs write a full ComponentID to the registry. Still works great though and I've even added a few more NICs to it.

Buddy, the problem we talked about is not longer happening, however, I'm getting this Error:

Could not complete the operation due the error 80041001 - Line 613 - Char: 5

Also, if you provide a name of a computer that does not exist, the script will generate an error.

Maybe warning the user that the computer could not be reached would be better.

Take care.

Well I made some small changes

1:\ Partition information I have it report the free space as a percetage

2:\ Add more text that displays the user name that is running the script.

Cluberti or RoqueSpear I need some help in making a error control if the computer does not exist on the network, if you guys have the time could you try and script it I am having problem with that part? I am weak on the network stuff, I have only 2 computer that are not networked or connected to each other, so there is no way for me to test for stuff like that. :no:

The HTA has become to big to post

Updated HTA SFX SystemReport_V3

Edited by gunsmokingman

iv installed that vbsedit and its really good, gives you all the objects and WMI's which is useful, i didnt think there would be any benefit of using it over notepad, but i was clearly wrong. thanks for mentioning it Gsm :)

and the percentage thing on the hard disks is really good i like it :)

Edited by eyeball

not sure what i could use that for, but the way i see it the more information it gathers the better, you can always disregard it if you dont want it :)

but its totally upto you. is there anything network based i can test for you? im sat at work and its real slow today lol.