Athlon or Intel?

roger04

184 members have voted

1. 1. Athlon or Intel?

• Intel Pentium 4
    • AMD Anthlon XP

I'll stick with Intel. Reading several messages here, I was interested in Anthlon but then when I noticed people discussing a heating problem the interest vanished.

So, yes, Intel P4.

Most people here seem to have OLD Pentium 3's

They dont need much cooling.

If would be more fair to compare P4 1500mhz and you would need a case fan with one of those.

Ive got an AMD Athlon 2000+ OC to 2200+ and i have only 1 Standard low RPM Case fan thats Older than me, ( ime 18 ) and ime using a Stock Standard AMD Cooler.

CPU temp never goes over 53 Degrees and i run Folding@Home that keeps my cpu at 100% :)

Theres no Heating Problem, AMD simply heats a little more, but no Problems

Hot?! Just buy a good fan, lol.

I got a Coolermaster fan, its a beast, lol, my CPU never goes over 34oC!! Now don't say thats not good :)

I have had a P3 800Mhz, was good, not excellent for games, then i got an Athlon 1800+, now i got an Athlon 2400+, and soon im upgrading to an Athlon 3000+ so for me i think Athlons' rock tbh.

I would choose whatever overclocks best! ... Which currently is a P4 2.4C which can hit 3.5 with ease :rolleyes: ... Anyway, I'm stuck with my 2.4B on a crappy soltek board, so I guess I'll have to keep dreaming about that :)

I would choose whatever overclocks best! ... Which currently is a P4 2.4C which can hit 3.5 with ease  :D ... Anyway, I'm stuck with my 2.4B on a crappy soltek board, so I guess I'll have to keep dreaming about that  :)

CRAPPY SOLTEK BOARD ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::D

It would be your chipset choice not Soltek.

Soltek are excellent and dont overprice their boards.

Ive got a KT400 Soltek Board, It runs faster than some other brands... and as good as some

• 3 weeks later...