lang folder

Hello.

I need some more space on my cd and all I have left to delete is the lang folder

But I want to know what it's good for, so I don't delete it and then find out i needed it for something, or that some program

won't run without it.

I don't have a localized version of windows xp

I have the english windows XP SP2

Does it have something to do with keyboards? beacause I need the romanian keyboard installed besides the english keyboard.

Or does it have something to do with fonts?

Please tell me what the lang folder is good for so I know if to delete it or not

Thanx

Don't quote me on this. I don't claim to be an expert.

Do you set up Windows XP to run in English or another language?

If you set up to run in English, you may be able to delete the entire LANG file.

If you set up to run in some other language, you may be able to delete all other languages except the one you need for setup.

I think the necessary files for all keyboards are installed automatically if you set up to run in English. (I have several keyboard files in my %windir%\System32\ folder.)

The quickest answer to your question may be for you do burn an install disk without the LANG file, test (either in VMWare or for real), and see what happens. What's the worst that could happen - you have to reinstall Windows? :D

I need the windows in english (all the text is in english) but I need to have support for Roumanian keyboard, and to view documents in ALL languages. Can I delete the Lang folder? Pls reply