Adobe PhotoShop CS2 Ver 9.0 Silent

abadaba

1:) First of all copy all the files from your installation Cd. After you have copied the files to a destination on your harddrive. Head into the directory "Adobe® Photoshop® CS2."

2:) Download the file that i have attached called "Adobe Photoshop CS2.rar." Decompress the "Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi" file and replace the original, with the one in the rar file.

3:) Edit the file "Abcpy.ini" in the same directory.

;***************************************************************
;Adobe Installer External Configuration File: Abcpy.ini

;Main Section
;The (Product) key is a required key
[MAIN]
Product=Adobe(R) Photoshop CS2
AbcpyVersion=2.0

;OEM Installation Options
[OEM Install]
SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT=
USERNAME=Joe Blow
COMPANYNAME=mycomputer.com
INSTALLDIR=

4:)Excute command

msiexec /i "[ path ]\Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi" /qn

Now this will kill the inistial activation screen upon install. It will not kill it on the first inistial start of Photoshop. You will still have too go through your activation process. This file, and how-to just allows you to install silently withought the overwelmingly naggy activation screen upon successfull install! :thumbup

http://abadaba.googlepages.com/AdobePhotoshopCS2.rar

Edited by abadaba

Strange, I was never able to do it this way. I had to actually remove the custom action from the install sequence in the .msi file to delay activation until first run.

Thats actually what i did. The file that is avail for download is the edited .msi file =}

@abadaba, dude, thnx a lot! it works like a charm. can u please work on how to bypass Adobe Bridge, Help Center, ExtendedScript toolkit installation. of course, nliter don't want them :)

Can a MOD add a sticky for this. I keep noticing all over the forums about people trying too figure out how to do this...Well here is a solution Anyone else? :thumbup

Edited by abadaba

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is what it says.

! C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\AdobePhotoshopCS2.rar: CRC failed in Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi. The file is corrupt

! C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\AdobePhotoshopCS2.rar: Unexpected end of archive

This is what it says.

! C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\AdobePhotoshopCS2.rar: CRC failed in Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi. The file is corrupt

! C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Desktop\AdobePhotoshopCS2.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Duud are you replacing the original with mine? Or are you just trying too run it after you download it too where ever? Cuz ive not chanegd the file, and everyone on here has had no probs with it. I jsut tested again on my end and it works just fine.